Azzurri Thread (17 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is there as wing forward option, just another random name there really and hopefully short term. I'm more shocked they even bother naturalizing him for Italy, a random mercenary brazilian, when he is just average. Awful call up.

Balotelli, double whammy, cuz is he a trouble child AND performing poorly whole season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah either way its not a bad team and could be pretty good if Vazquez settles in well and maybe they can get one of Balo, Rossi or El Shaar fit and in form to give a bit of quality that is lacking.

I think Candreva is better to use in attack to take advantage of his shooting and pace so I would go with Parolo or Florenzi as the CM. The team would have been more solid if Conte called up Thiago Motta to go with Marchisio and Veratti in the mid.... He played really well against Chelsea
i forgot about Motta, why isnt he called? i thought he was a standard at the NT

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah Eder is really only shocking call up, besides vazquez debuting, who I know very little of besides being another mercenary Oriundi.

Rest is just the usual + this seasons italian playmaker breakout player in Validifori, why act suprised every time like Conte has other options then the same squads? Besides ignoring Rugani or Romagnoli as alternative to Moretti, but no use crying about that, youngins wait around bit more then usual in defense positions in Italy.
Vasquez has been very impressive this season, and especially interesting for the Azzurri as they notoriously lack players in his position, there are barely any Italian AMs around. I'm not quite sure to what extent his strong performances this year are really evidence of consistent talent and abilities, or just a great form so many decent to mediocre players have enjoyed for a few months before going back to their usual selves though.
In any case, calling him up completely makes sense especially in that regard, it's going to be ineteresting how he fares with a team different from the one he's used to playing in, could give some hints about his true quality.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Now anyone can play for Italy NT. I wonder what Eder did to get a call up that serves no purpose.
Under Conte I feel like the pattern just naturalize as much as possible.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
everytime there's a selection made I think, damn this is bad, we're really F$*ked then the next one comes out which makes the previous one look good. Where did our NT go? This is sad! I really think the Under21 would beat these guys

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza look set to start up front for Italy in Saturday’s trip to Bulgaria.

The Azzurri travel to Sofia for a Euro 2016 qualifier, before facing England at Juventus Stadium the following Tuesday.

In today’s training session at Coverciano, CT Antonio Conte worked with his customary 3-5-2 system, with Borussia Dortmund striker Immobile partnering Sassuolo’s Zaza up-front.

The heart of Conte’s Juventus defence was also employed today, with Andrea Barzagli joining Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini in the back three.

Matteo Darmian and Manuel Pasqual look set to occupy with wing-back positions, with Antonio Candreva, Claudio Marchisio and Marco Verratti in the centre of midfield.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffon
Barzagli-----Bonucci-----Chiellini
Darmian---Candreva ----Marchisio------Veratti------------Pasqual
Zaza--------------Immobile

shmaspi

Jan 7, 2015
I hope we win this, but we have a new coach and don't have enough power upfront to threaten Gigi. All of our attack players are of the rang of Bojinov, well maybe only Ventsislav Hristov is better. Also we don't have good CM's. Also our defense is questionable, but we'll see, I hope we win

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza look set to start up front for Italy in Saturday’s trip to Bulgaria.

The Azzurri travel to Sofia for a Euro 2016 qualifier, before facing England at Juventus Stadium the following Tuesday.

In today’s training session at Coverciano, CT Antonio Conte worked with his customary 3-5-2 system, with Borussia Dortmund striker Immobile partnering Sassuolo’s Zaza up-front.

The heart of Conte’s Juventus defence was also employed today, with Andrea Barzagli joining Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini in the back three.

Matteo Darmian and Manuel Pasqual look set to occupy with wing-back positions, with Antonio Candreva, Claudio Marchisio and Marco Verratti in the centre of midfield.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffon
Barzagli-----Bonucci-----Chiellini
Darmian---Candreva ----Marchisio------Veratti------------Pasqual
Zaza--------------Immobile
That doesn't look SO bad to be honest, but definitely will have problems creating up front.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I hope we win this, but we have a new coach and don't have enough power upfront to threaten Gigi. All of our attack players are of the rang of Bojinov, well maybe only Ventsislav Hristov is better. Also we don't have good CM's. Also our defense is questionable, but we'll see, I hope we win
So basically you are crap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)