Azzurri Thread (41 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Maggio - De Rossi - Pirlo - Marchisio - De Ceglie

Balotelli - Rossi​
Frankly, I think Crishito suits that role as a wingback more than DC.

But Prandelli wont change his system now, 4-3-1-2 it is sadly with Monti as a treq I think.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Italy boss Prandelli forgives Balotelli
By Football Italia staff

Cesare Prandelli says that Mario Balotelli’s latest dismissal did not breach his strict code of ethics when it comes to the Italian national side.

The Manchester City man has been omitted from squads in the past for on-field misconduct, but Prandelli has absolved him for his red card against Arsenal at the weekend.

“I saw his sending-off, but, this time, it was for a foul that was part of the game,” the Azzurri tactician noted.

“I don’t think the code of ethics can be applied in this particular situation.

“I’ll calmly evaluate his position when it comes to Euro 2012, but, I repeat, his dismissal was as a result of a phase of play.”

City boss Roberto Mancini admitted after Balotelli’s latest misdemeanour that the player could leave Manchester at the end of the season.

Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, responded to that claim by insisting his client wanted to remain with his present club.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Italy does need Balo. And since they'll be playing a maximum of six games, it'll be different to dealing with him week in, week out.
I guess. But since these are knock-outs and one mistake can fuck you up, Balotelli being a time bomb is much more dangerous than it is in a league competition.

His mistakes are fixable and forgivable in the 26th round of serie A or EPL, but if he does something stupid against, say, France in the EC quarters and directly contributes to his country's elimination, it will haunt him for the rest of his life and neither he nor his team will get a 2nd chance. It might be easier to deal with him in short term than it is over an entire season, but with this boy one provocation by an opposition player is enough to lead him into doing something stupid, no matter how well Prandelli deals with him.

P.S: Knowing my boys, I'm 100% sure that the main tactic of the Croatian team will be to provoke Balotelli :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Balotelli is a time bomb, I've always been worried that he will knock Italy out of a tournament by himself. I expect it at some point, he is just too easy to wind up.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
italy should perhaps try a 3-5-2 system, since the Juve back 3 are capable, maggio suits right full back perfectly, and someone like de ceglie or even criscito for left wing back both proven to be capable of playing there marchisio - pirlo - de rossi in midfield, and a choice of forwards.

Jul 1, 2010
italy should perhaps try a 3-5-2 system, since the Juve back 3 are capable, maggio suits right full back perfectly, and someone like de ceglie or even criscito for left wing back both proven to be capable of playing there marchisio - pirlo - de rossi in midfield, and a choice of forwards.
Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Maggio-De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio-Criscito
Cassano-Rossi​

Interesting idea, especially considering Prandelli would field 6 Juve players :seven:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There's a big chance Italy will make it to out, I don't see why not. You think Ireland and Croatia are favoured for that second spot?
Oh shit, my bad. I was looking at the chart posted in this page. wtf is that?

Yeah, they'll probably make it but I'd like to see Ireland instead.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
If prandelli wants to go for the trophy, they need to risk Balo. Will probably backfire, but so what, i don't give a %&$* about an honorable 4th place or some sh*t. Doubt we'll even pass the group with provincial strikers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)