Azzurri Thread (25 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cannavaro only great for two or three years? Do you not remember him at Parma? The likes of Nesta and Cannavaro are amongst the best ever defenders. Cheilini is very good but is not at that level. Here, coincidently, Football Italia just mentioned the same thing;

Chiellini is arguably the last of his kind. That rugged, no-nonsense Italian stalwart in the mould of Claudio Gentile, Beppe Bergomi and Pietro Vierchowod. Yet, Chiellini won’t go down as one of the all-time legendary defenders, which speaks to the general downturn in Italy’s ability to produce world-class centre backs in the last two decades. Where have all the Maldini’s, Scirea’s, Nesta’s, Baresi’s and Cannavaro’s gone?

http://www.football-italia.net/112810/italys-problems-run-deep
I started watching footie in 2002, Cannavaro was God like for Juventus in his first stint and in WC 2006, but apart from that he was average/bad for Inter, Real Madrid or Juve 2nd stint. No idea about Parma or Napoli, but for such a legendary defender he surely sucked a lot in defenders "best years"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
There will be a giant elephant in the room the remainder of this season across the top teams...idk if people fully understand what the fuck actually happened, Buffon is absoloutly destroyed, the fact that De Rossi Buffon barza etc aren’t gona bow out this summer makes me the most furious I’ve ever been in my life. I wouldn’t be pissed if we were actually that bad and didn’t deserve to qualify, we had the players, put in a new coach w new tactics we win the playoffs no questions asked. We fuckin beat Spain and Belgium less than 2 years ago without conceding a goal, we’re on par w them if our players were utilized right, no doubt about it. There’s gona be an eerie feel the rest of this campaign to just remind everyone what the fuck happened, and i duckin hate it bc it’ll be impossible to get over this

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. Ventura made the players look really bad, but truth be told I see them just below Spain, France, Germany and Belgium in Europe. Surely England, the Netherlands or Portugal aren't much better at all. And Portugal even won the Euros in 2016.

Given that pretty much everyone qualifies for the Euros these days it shouldn't be that difficult of a task. And it's right after the biggest disaster in Italian football, so you're bound to look good.
We fuckin trashed Belgium and Spain, and were even w Germany less than 2 years ago w a weaker squad, this is 100% Ventura’s doing. Our players are better now than they were in the euros, if we had a coach who actually fuckin utilized them right we wouldn’t be talking about any of this, we’d of qualified w ease

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
There will be a giant elephant in the room the remainder of this season across the top teams...idk if people fully understand what the $#@! actually happened, Buffon is absoloutly destroyed, the fact that De Rossi Buffon barza etc aren’t gona bow out this summer makes me the most furious I’ve ever been in my life. I wouldn’t be pissed if we were actually that bad and didn’t deserve to qualify, we had the players, put in a new coach w new tactics we win the playoffs no questions asked. We $#@!in beat Spain and Belgium less than 2 years ago without conceding a goal, we’re on par w them if our players were utilized right, no doubt about it. There’s gona be an eerie feel the rest of this campaign to just remind everyone what the $#@! happened, and i duckin hate it bc it’ll be impossible to get over this
fully agree with you.... I said it earlier this will have major implications on Serie A this year, and maybe longer. The FIGC need to come up with a plan and get some fresh faces in there ASAP to give this a rest and have something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be a giant elephant in the room the remainder of this season across the top teams...idk if people fully understand what the $#@! actually happened, Buffon is absoloutly destroyed, the fact that De Rossi Buffon barza etc aren’t gona bow out this summer makes me the most furious I’ve ever been in my life. I wouldn’t be pissed if we were actually that bad and didn’t deserve to qualify, we had the players, put in a new coach w new tactics we win the playoffs no questions asked. We $#@!in beat Spain and Belgium less than 2 years ago without conceding a goal, we’re on par w them if our players were utilized right, no doubt about it. There’s gona be an eerie feel the rest of this campaign to just remind everyone what the $#@! happened, and i duckin hate it bc it’ll be impossible to get over this

- - - Updated - - -

We $#@!in trashed Belgium and Spain, and were even w Germany less than 2 years ago w a weaker squad, this is 100% Ventura’s doing. Our players are better now than they were in the euros, if we had a coach who actually $#@!in utilized them right we wouldn’t be talking about any of this, we’d of qualified w ease
I had so much hope after the EUro, I thought we could do something special in Russia... this has my heart broken, really hard to go on watching soccer for a while. :-(

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Some people here.

Cannavaro at 06 was one of the best individual performances. Nesta was probably the best defender of the 00s, unfortunately he had injury problems.

I cant recall Chiellini ever putting in same level performance.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
the under 21 beat russia 3-2 :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

after we lost the final to Real Madrid last year Buffon said he almost quit. Do you guys think this massive defeat yesterday has him thinking an early exit from Juve ? He was so devastated yesterday, how much more heartbreak can this man take? He is clearly tortured inside.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

after we lost the final to Real Madrid last year Buffon said he almost quit. Do you guys think this massive defeat yesterday has him thinking an early exit from Juve ? He was so devastated yesterday, how much more heartbreak can this man take? He is clearly tortured inside.
Orsolini is the future, I'm so excited about him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

I think this weekend's game will tell us a lot about their current state going forward, but this season will be tainted now bc of this. I'll tell you one thing tho, I'd rather not advance past the group stages than get 4-0'd by psg in the final

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
:touched:

He also said

Those people who only superficially watch the Italy games will then say, oh, these players aren’t as talented as they say and that lowers their market value. Are we clubs then supposed to demand financial damages from Tavecchio and the FIGC?
Yeah let's sue that fat fuck. :D but seriously, these players have lost value for not making the WC so it's affected the clubs. It's a good thing most of ours are end of their career.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Last warning, tone down the language or get banned
you have no idea, you let the rules of this forum protect that senile fool? frankly he deserves every single piece of insult that cowardly fool gets thrown at him and more. DISGUSTING!

- - - Updated - - -

blah blah blah he can say what he wants but talking about it aint resolving it. I'd sooner see zamparini in charge of the figc, at least ventura would have gone a very long time ago now

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sure, but is this the reason people want him out? If Italy had won the WC will it matter then?

I am more interested into the principles behind the calls for resignation. One is sporting performance and the other politics and semantics. If the principles for his resignation are not well crafted and thought of - then it will turn into a bigger circus than it already is. From the frying pan right into the fire...

Moreover, I don't see Tavecchio as some kind of a lone wolf. He does what they tell him to do and in essence so will the next guy, unless better priorities are established.
He was responsible for choosing this “coach”. He is responsible for the biggest NT failure in 60 years. At any other big football nation, the president would have his head on a plate after this debacle. Oh, he also gave Ventura a contract extension (back in August) until 2020. He has to go, but we all know he’ll cling on to his power for as long as possible.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I started watching footie in 2002, Cannavaro was God like for Juventus in his first stint and in WC 2006, but apart from that he was average/bad for Inter, Real Madrid or Juve 2nd stint. No idea about Parma or Napoli, but for such a legendary defender he surely sucked a lot in defenders "best years"
He was amazing at Parma, and for most of his Italy career (besides 09-10). One of the best CBs of all time, but I think Nesta is the GOAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)