Azzurri Thread (10 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Hopefully Italy make it, sack Ventura immediately and appoint someone like Ancelotti (impossible, but one can dream). The team has vast potential only IF the damn coach would play it to their strengths. If you put the best Italian players into a 4-3-3 and huff and puff some damn fighting spirit the results would be different.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How can someone root against a team with Marchisio, Chiellini, and Buffon in it? three juve legends?

Because they're fake fans thats how
And besides, I'd rather have let's say Spain at the World Cup than Sweden. I can't stand Spain, but they're the bigger team and make the World Cup more exciting. I'm always disappointed when big teams don't qualify.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
International football is dumb anyway.

FI claims that Ventura may switch to a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 on Monday. What do you guys think? Does Ventura save Italy and himself with this change?

4-4-2 seems more likely for someone like him but will probably be same ol garbage with him using AMs as wide midfielders, hoofing balls in to the same static pair of forwards upfront.

4-2-3-1 would be a step in the right direction with him taking advantage of Italy's strength in attacking midfielders and actually using them as attacking midfielders. Italy might actually play decent football then instead of hoofing the ball forward hoping for late Parolo runs into the box.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Italy not making it gives me the sensation not to watch juve either. We’re a bunch of foreign players anyway, almost as bad as what Inter was with Morihno. Very pathetic and sad.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So what. There is a good amount of talented Italian youth but there aren't many top level Italian players at the moment so should we just sign lesser players because they're Italian?

Anyway its not like the management doesn't clearly go for Italians when talented ones are available ie Caldara and Bernardeschi and forging good relationships with clubs like Atalanta and Sassuolo. Its just that most Italian talents are owned by other Italian clubs who would do anything to avoid selling to us.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Potential 4-3-3 Fully fit Italy squad - 2017 / 2018

GK - Buffon / Donnaruma / Perin

RB - Zappacosta / Darmian / Florenzi
RCB - Bonucci / Barzagli / Rugani
LCB - Chiellini / Caldara / Romagnoli
LB - Spinazzola / DeSciglio / Criscito

RCM - DeRossi / Thiago Motta / Gagliardini
CM - Marchisio / Parolo / Pellegrini
LCM - Veratti / Jorginho / Cristante

RW/RM - Candreva / Bernardeschi / Berrardi
ST/CF - Belotti / Immobile / Zaza / Balotelli
LW/LM - Insigne / S.El Sharawy / Sansone

Seriously now , i am no genius but Italy actually doesnt look that bad and if the right formation + selection is made than Italy really has a bright future! but not with Ventura unfortunately.
Had to bring this up again because honestly Italy was perfectly fit for a 4-3-3 for this playoff and even for the whole qualifiyng group but unfortunately as of now with Veratti suspended and both Marchisio/ElShaarawy unavailable than makes maybe more sense to play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, what is scary tho is that is Ventura we talking about who in over a year in charge coudnt make this team play any decent or efficient football so probably regardless of the formation, starting from the team's tactics and selection which are poor means Italy has weak spots and theyr chances stand most likely in theyr attitude and individual brilliance which most probably gonna get them through this one, let's just hope that the most in-form players that have the right mindset will get selected to play...

I'm sure Italy wont go down without a fight tho, i just hope they'll do it for Buffon or at least for the sake of Italian football!!!

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yep. We can only sign what's available, and that isn't much.

There are only a a few italians good enough for Juve, and all of them are almost impossible to get now.

Insigne at Napoli, Verratti at PSG. Good luck getting them.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yep. We can only sign what's available, and that isn't much.

There are only a a few italians good enough for Juve, and all of them are almost impossible to get now.

Insigne at Napoli, Verratti at PSG. Good luck getting them.
PSG would have straight swapped him for Pogba but Beppe needed to sign the burger instead

thx beppo, nvr forget

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
PSG would have straight swapped him for Pogba but Beppe needed to sign the burger instead

thx beppo, nvr forget

But signing Verratti wouldn't have also been a middle finger move to Napoli and their president who is always shit talking us. Taking a man's best player against his will is how Beppe gets off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)