Azzurri Thread (39 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is zero chance Berardi will make the squad. Even if he would scored hattricks in tensing games.

Milan shafted with Romagnoli and Donnarumma, both deserve to be called. One is good enough to be third goalie, and the other has is better then non Juve CBS.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Some sort of combination involving Insigne and Berardi can be interesting.
There is zero chance Berardi will make the squad. Even if he would scored hattricks in tensing games.

Milan shafted with Romagnoli and Donnarumma, both deserve to be called. One is good enough to be third goalie, and the other has is better then non Juve CBS.
Even our own Morata is far superior anyway. England have Kane, France have Griezmann, Belgium have Lukaku.. All of which are on another level compared to Insigne and Berardi, nevermind Pelle, Zaza or Eder.

The only decent Italian striker is an in form Balotelli. And that's not going to happen.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh at Balo. Insigne is performing at near Dybala rate as wingforward. Scores good rate and assists alot. What they missing is a CF and neither of their better players right now are it, they all wing forwards or SS.

Jun 6, 2015
That's actually a good team apart from the strikers going to Euros and I think Zaza can do well enough if given the chance.

---------------Buffon
-----Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
---------------Motta
Florenzi Verratti Marchisio Darmian
------------Zaza Pelle

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Candreva will start instead of Bernadeschi and Darmian LB and Florenzi RB. Barzagli benched for Bonucci.

Otherwise it looks good.
Wanted to write BonBon insted of Chiellini, don't know why i ended writing chiello.
Insigne for me is a must start, candreva as LW is not a bad choice i guess especially if supported by Florenzi.

Who do yo u think will be the CF, between Zaza/Eder and Pelle ??

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wanted to write BonBon insted of Chiellini, don't know why i ended writing chiello.
Insigne for me is a must start, candreva as LW is not a bad choice i guess especially if supported by Florenzi.

Who do yo u think will be the CF, between Zaza/Eder and Pelle ??
CF is hard to say since non is in form. It depends on how Conte sees form in comparison to being loyal to players who played most in qualifiers. It's between Pelle and Zaza most I think if it's a 3 man attack.

Candreva as RW you meant :)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
CF is hard to say since non is in form. It depends on how Conte sees form in comparison to being loyal to players who played most in qualifiers. It's between Pelle and Zaza most I think if it's a 3 man attack.

Candreva as RW you meant :)
:agree:

But watch Conte bench Insigne and start Giaccherini :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If Italy has a ST at the level of Vieri/Inzaghi they'd do very well IMO. Very good options in defence and midfield, and some interesting wide players. Pelle/Zaza are good strikers but nowhere near the level of previous generations.

Mar 9, 2006
If Italy has a ST at the level of Vieri/Inzaghi they'd do very well IMO. Very good options in defence and midfield, and some interesting wide players. Pelle/Zaza are good strikers but nowhere near the level of previous generations.
Except Piola and Riva, Italy never had a real top goalscorers in it's line-up, Bomber and Pippo scored less goals for italy than Baggio, in 2006 their best scorer was Toni with 2 goals Italy will always be about the teamplay, not about personalities, with this midfield Jorginho - Verratti - Marchisio they can beat anyone, other teams can only dream about this cm's line

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Juventino[RUS];5224338 said:
Except Piola and Riva, Italy never had a real top goalscorers in it's line-up, Bomber and Pippo scored less goals for italy than Baggio, in 2006 their best scorer was Toni with 2 goals Italy will always be about the teamplay, not about personalities, with this midfield Jorginho - Verratti - Marchisio they can beat anyone, other teams can only dream about this cm's line
Vieri scored plenty of goals at 98/2002. You forget about Toto Schillaci? :D

Although I do agree that Italy is always about team play and less about individual talents, but you can't deny that this version of the NT is severely lacking when it comes to genuine goal-scoring threat upfront.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
@JuveJay

I know you're good at these and like these. So give me your hypothetical Italy Euro 2020 or even World Cup 2022 lineup :D

So far I got

Donnarumma

Masina-Rugani-Romagnoli-Darmian
Jorginho-Verratti-Cataldi
Insigne-Kean-Berardi/Bernardeschi

Good one?

Jun 6, 2015
@JuveJay

I know you're good at these and like these. So give me your hypothetical Italy Euro 2020 or even World Cup 2022 lineup :D

So far I got

Donnarumma

Masina-Rugani-Romagnoli-Darmian
Jorginho-Verratti-Cataldi
Insigne-Kean-Berardi/Bernardeschi

Good one?
I don't see that many changes.

---------------Perin
Darmian Bonucci Rugani Masina
------------Marchisio
---------Florenzi Verratti
Bernardeschi Berardi El Shaarawy/Insigne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)