Azzurri Thread (27 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juventino[RUS];4208601 said:
Prandelli is turning into Lippi 2010 edition....when the whole world were telling him that Marchisio sucks as trequartista and he should bring Cassano to WC.....while Prandelli is not using the best defence line of italy - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini, you can't be that stupid, Cesare
Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Pirlo
Abate/Maggio - Montolivo/Aquilani - Marchisio/Giaccherini - De Scgilio/Abate
Giaccherini/Diamanti/Giovinco/Shawarma
Balotelli/Gilardino
unlike lippi, prandelli is trying a variation of formations, but really as i said before i really can't stand Prandelli's sense of stubborness in his squad selections, the only thing i can actually give him credit for is making those early subs to try and rectify the issue, but seriously the likes of gilardino and aquilani shouldn't even be anywhere near this NT. But even if Pat fucking Nevin is saying Italy should be playing 3 at the back, then Prandelli must be by now realising that is the only way forward

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
unlike lippi, prandelli is trying a variation of formations, but really as i said before i really can't stand Prandelli's sense of stubborness in his squad selections, the only thing i can actually give him credit for is making those early subs to try and rectify the issue, but seriously the likes of gilardino and aquilani shouldn't even be anywhere near this NT
There's also the unchallenged starter Montolivo. I will admit he does have a good game every now and then (vs Germany), but there is no consistency.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4208601 said:
Prandelli is turning into Lippi 2010 edition....when the whole world were telling him that Marchisio sucks as trequartista and he should bring Cassano to WC.....while Prandelli is not using the best defence line of italy - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini, you can't be that stupid, Cesare
Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Pirlo
Abate/Maggio - Montolivo/Aquilani - Marchisio/Giaccherini - De Scgilio/Abate
Giaccherini/Diamanti/Giovinco/Shawarma
Balotelli/Gilardino
WTF No DeRossi? And Desciglio/Abate as LWB?
Oh and Giac was used as Wingback in the first game against Spain.

I don't know what that line-up will do if it goes a goal down with 5 defenders? Sit there like against Bayern.

Mar 9, 2006
unlike lippi, prandelli is trying a variation of formations, but really as i said before i really can't stand Prandelli's sense of stubborness in his squad selections, the only thing i can actually give him credit for is making those early subs to try and rectify the issue, but seriously the likes of gilardino and aquilani shouldn't even be anywhere near this NT. But even if Pat fucking Nevin is saying Italy should be playing 3 at the back, then Prandelli must be by now realising that is the only way forward
Prandelli already made mistake with bringing Cassano for EURO 12 final tournament, when Cassano was absolutely not ready to even play 45 minutes, Giovinco and Di Natale were in much much better form, and yet he used Cassano alongside with Balo because he was one of the best players of Italy NT in the qualification round.
And you are wrong about Alberto cause guys like Gilardino should be in the team at the big tournaments, he is type of player that can decide the match with the only one moment, one header and that's it, he is very experienced and giving a quality in the attack line to the current team

- - - Updated - - -

WTF No DeRossi? And Desciglio/Abate as LWB?
Oh and Giac was used as Wingback in the first game against Spain.

I don't know what that line-up will do if it goes a goal down with 5 defenders? Sit there like against Bayern.
Forgot De Rossi, put him in.

WC 2014
Buffon/Sirigu/Marchetti
Abate/Maggio - Barzagli/Bonucci - Chiellini/Astori - De Sciglio/Balzaretti
Pirlo/Verratti/Montolivo/De Rossi/Marchisio/Diamanti
Candreva/Cerci/Giovinco Giaccherini/Shawarma/Insigne
Balotelli/Gilardino

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Giacch :touched: Italy's player of the tournament so far, great strike.

Horrible defending yet again by Italy, but Brazil score one (if not two) offside goals. Prandelli needs to get his head out of his ass and use the 3-5-2, only way they're gonna be solid at the back.

Montolivo is beyond terrible, I lost count of the number of times he gifted possession to Brazil, a truly horrific performance.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juventino[RUS];4208629 said:
Prandelli already made mistake with bringing Cassano for EURO 12 final tournament, when Cassano was absolutely not ready to even play 45 minutes, Giovinco and Di Natale were in much much better form, and yet he used Cassano alongside with Balo because he was one of the best players of Italy NT in the qualification round.
And you are wrong about Alberto cause guys like Gilardino should be in the team at the big tournaments, he is type of player that can decide the match with the only one moment, one header and that's it, he is very experienced and giving a quality in the attack line to the current team

- - - Updated - - -

WC 2014
Buffon/Sirigu/Marchetti
Balotelli/Gilardino
you would take astori over ogbonna? really? i don't think astori is anything special tbh

Definitely take Borini over gilardino at the very least, i expect Borini will have a big season next season hopefully he stays away from the unlucky injuries

and no Pepe? :shocked:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

WC 2014
Buffon/Sirigu/Marchetti
Balotelli/Gilardino
I hope he tries this one in qualif.

Buffon
Barzagli- Bonucci-Chiello
Abate-DDR-Veratti-Marchisio-Giach
Balo-SES

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Woah you're all over the place there. See who is deciding matches with only one moment. (below)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It gets worse when you realise that brazil is just "defence+neymar" the rest isnt worthy of brazil NT.

Imagine an italy playing like this, go up against 1998 or 2002 brazil. They'd get shredded to goddamn pieces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)