Azzurri Thread (56 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Deserving win and manager has them possession passing the ball around well. Quite a few good give-n-go. Tied in group and a game in hand over Ukraine though that match is away against ENG.

- - - Updated - - -

That one where the opposing player went over Gnonto for the header was scary. Thought they would continue going in that direction and having him defending in that situation wasn't ideal. Though full-sized Sandro scares me just as much for Juve.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Nah thats not true, I remember laughing on tuz last year at how Cristante still gets a look in and someone (who I won't name) said but he's like 5th or 6th choice midfielder. Well.... he was first choice last night under new management :lol: whilst the likes of fagioli and even fratessi didn't even get a look in. There is enough young talent there to replace the old shit in this team. The management and figc only have themselves to blame but frankly fuck em I'd love nothing more than to see gravina get egg on his face after another epic failure

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There's every chance this was me as I'd consider Cristante to have been 5th or 6th choice last year, which is pretty obvious when the squad had Verratti, Barella, Tonali, Pellegrini (FOUR players), plus Locatelli. But apparently we ignore omissions and injuries a year later and make Cristante a starter.

When everyone's fit he's still probably 5th or 6th now even if we take Verratti out, because Frattesi will be a key player.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
There's every chance this was me as I'd consider Cristante to have been 5th or 6th choice last year, which is pretty obvious when the squad had Verratti, Barella, Tonali, Pellegrini (FOUR players), plus Locatelli. But apparently we ignore omissions and injuries a year later and make Cristante a starter.

When everyone's fit he's still probably 5th or 6th now even if we take Verratti out, because Frattesi will be a key player.
It wasn't you

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I didn't understand his first call up. But now he's almost always called.

Is this the sunk cost fallacy at work?
Nicolato was probably right about Italy promoting U21 too quickly. But that's the state of the talent pool that anyone with a bit of potential is fast tracked. And unsurprisingly X young player isn't the next Messi and will make lots of mistakes. Experienced players like Berardi, Politano and Orsolini, even with their limits, should be shouldering responsibility rather than Gnonto.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nicolato was probably right about Italy promoting U21 too quickly. But that's the state of the talent pool that anyone with a bit of potential is fast tracked. And unsurprisingly X young player isn't the next Messi and will make lots of mistakes. Experienced players like Berardi, Politano and Orsolini, even with their limits, should be shouldering responsibility rather than Gnonto.
Promoting u21 too quickly? If anything there are players like udogie who should be in the main team right now, id put an argument for fagioli too even ahead of the likes of Cristante and pessina

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Promoting u21 too quickly? If anything there are players like udogie who should be in the main team right now, id put an argument for fagioli too even ahead of the likes of Cristante and pessina
Udogie is probably the only other talent who hasn't played for the full NT yet, but Italy do have two good left backs already.

Udogie and Fagioli will be in there soon enough. Kind of the whole argument really.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Udogie is probably the only other talent who hasn't played for the full NT yet, but Italy do have two good left backs already.

Udogie and Fagioli will be in there soon enough. Kind of the whole argument really.
Well Tonali is probably the most recent one promoted from the u21 and rightly so you could perhaps make an arguments for Casadei, Rovella, Cambiaso and Baldanzi/Miretti as more depth players for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)