Azzurri pre-Euro2k+4 thread (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Post news and updates about Italy's Euro preparations :)

===

Del Piero Promises To Be At His Best For The European Championship
Posted by Alex | soccerage.com

During a meeting with Economic and Commercial university students in Turin, Alessandro Del Piero promised that he will be back at his best by the European Championship.

When asked if he will be fit enough for this summer's competion, the bianconero captain said: "By then I will be really well; my form is already nearly optimal."

;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, that sounds like something that Totti would say. Of course, it puts undue pressure on yourself, but others like Romario and Maradona, have predicted greatness for themselves and they seemed to make out all right.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I guess he is just trying to prove to himself in the first place that he can show good performance in Portugal.

He realizes that he is getting older and this cup may as well be his last international competition.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
He can play for a long time, but unless he really shines this summer and during the 04-05 season I think Germany WC will be his last NT invitation.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Ohh, yeah. Alex will do well in Euro, nothing to worry about. He looked good in the Coppa against Lazio and in the remaining Serie A matches.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was yesterday cheking fox sports, and they showe d acool propaganda baout the euro with DP and cia. In the bakc they had this song, and i recognized right away because ilike the band. IMO this is the perfect Tune for the EUro, and not that Nelly Furtado one... Listen!. :D

Apocalyptica - Hope

PD: apocalyptica is a band formed by 4 Cellos.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
*praying for DP to do well and for Italy to win*

*hopes Maldini reconsiders international retirement and returns to finally win something with the Azzurri*

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Following Trap's selections a few players had some comments to make:

Pippo hurt by Trap snub
Tuesday 18 May, 2004

Pippo Inzaghi’s hopes of recovering in time for Euro 2004 were dashed by his absence from the squad and the Milan man isn’t hiding his bitterness.

“I am very disappointed,” said the striker who underwent ankle surgery a fortnight ago, “because we won’t have the chance to evaluate my condition with Italy’s medical staff.”

“I think that my hard work for the Azzurri in the past at least earned me the right to be seen, especially after my goals in the recent qualifiers to reach this tournament.”

Inzaghi became the first Italian since Paolo Rossi in 1982 to score an international hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Wales.

Although Giovanni Trapattoni’s list is not yet final, it doesn’t look likely that he will reconsider Inzaghi’s position before the June 2 deadline.

“I am very relaxed,” assured the Rossoneri hero. “I tried everything I could to recover quickly, working on my physiotherapy eight hours a day.”

“I did it because I had been assured by the Coach that I would be called in to the squad in order to prove my fitness ahead of June 2. I am disappointed and really wanted to be a part of this team.”

The former Juventus striker has been struggling with injuries all season, but surgery to remove scar tissue from his ankle seemed to clear up the problem.

Nonetheless, Marco Di Vaio has been brought along instead of the still recovering Inzaghi.

“I certainly wasn’t going to demand a first team shirt,” he added, “and I’d have been the first to take a step back if I wasn’t 100 per cent fit for this tournament. But I wanted to be part of this experience and hope to be there in the future.”

With new generations of strikers such as Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino breaking through, it might have been the last chance for 30-year-old.

“I will be in front of the television cheering on Italy with all my heart,” he concluded. “I wish my teammates all the best and hope they can make this dream we all shared – to become Champions’ of Europe – finally come true.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)