Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Makes me despise China and The Chinese even more. Obnoxious and rude fuckwits with stashes of cash. If you are an ambitious player, you simply don't go to China or the Middle East. If you are a washed up piece of shit, a has been, or a never was, you go there and make some extra retirement money. Pussies like Oscar and Pelle go there. You won't see Messi or Ronaldo going to China before they are 34-35.

Jun 6, 2015
You can't refuse 10 mil a year.Only an idiot would do that.
Valuing other things over money means being an idiot? I thought pretty much every scientist did that and yet they seem like a smart bunch of people, I guess they're not.

On the other hand guys like Tevez, Pelle and Hulk seem like future Nobelists for accepting China money.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Valuing other things over money means being an idiot? I thought pretty much every scientist did that and yet they seem like a smart bunch of people, I guess they're not.

On the other hand guys like Tevez, Pelle and Hulk seem like future Nobelists for accepting China money.
Witsel is not a scientist,he's a football player,and players have very short careers.He probably won't come across this kind of offer ever again.

Jun 6, 2015
Witsel is not a scientist,he's a football player,and players have very short careers.He probably won't come across this kind of offer ever again.
I get that but let's not make it sound that money is all that matters in life or in football, if that was the case the best players would already play in China.

I don't know most people on here but for me personally it wouldn't make any difference if I earned 10 million a year over 3 million a year. Some football players are idiots that is why they need all that money. They buy unnecessary shit trying to live some fake rap star life in order to feel better about themselves and some just party the money away.

There's should be a balance in achieving things and earning money at the same time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You can't refuse 10 mil a year.Only an idiot would do that.
He will earn 3.5m-5m a year with us or other club top european league (and I doubt he deserves that), if it means top competetive and good money, I can see him refusing that when difference is 50% increase or slightly more. Its when it goes bananas stupid like 30m for Oscar or 41m a year for Tevez that I get the big allure more when you check through the pro and cons for choosing the money instead of the competition (and someone like Tevez career is over so get it more, and Oscar is just....stupid).

For Witsel its different because he spent 5 years in the forgotten land of Russia already and is probably hungry for more, if he wanted China money most of all he would already gone for them, because this is not the first time they offer it, even if this time it might be more.

OP
Xperd

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #2,595
    Shanghai SPIG has offered Axel Witsel a 4-year contract worth €18m/yr + €2m bonus. [Sky]

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    "Chinese league is super strong, attracts a huge interest, especially an eternal derby between Shanghai SIPG and Shanghai Shenua. That's as big as River - Boca. Full stadium, crazy atmosphere, skilled players - it has everything"

said no one ever

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)