Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Zenit are ready to accept Juve's 6m offer for Witsel which should see the player move to Turin in January. Eligible in the CL. #GdS
With Asamoah (praise the lord) and Lemina away on AFCON duty, it really is important we bring in at least one more midfielder. For €6m, that's not a bad deal for us at all. I'm afraid given our current situation in midfield, we just can't wait til the summer to sort this transfer out.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I think this is good news. He could be free at the end of the season, but 6m to have him 6 months early seems to be acceptable particularly given our issues in midfield. I think he will replace Asamoah in the champions league squad. Should not complain there.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is a lot better than those players.

Still a shame he didn't join us 5-6 years ago. He has so much potential and talent, but I fear it's too late to really mould him in a perfect Juve form. In his position most players are able to go on until they're 33-34 though. He's 27 now, so I guess we can make some use of him.
Yeah I hear ya, I'm just anxious about him being another player we will have to get rid of in 2 years or so when our standard for midfield should have risen to previous glorious level.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
There were times we considered Witsel shit but it was understandable since we had a beastly midfield.

Now that Marotta accomplished his main task of getting some $$$ for his grandchildren and we see the likes of Stu, Asa and Hernie week in week out, Witsel would be great.

Can't wait for the Caramel Marchisio to rekt shit up for us. :tuttosport:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He is a lot better than those players.

Still a shame he didn't join us 5-6 years ago. He has so much potential and talent, but I fear it's too late to really mould him in a perfect Juve form. In his position most players are able to go on until they're 33-34 though. He's 27 now, so I guess we can make some use of him.
He was a monster in Benfica

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When looking at the midfield option

in a 3-5-2

Higuain-Dybala

X - Marchisio - Pjanic

In 4-3-1-2

Dybala-Higuain
......Pjanic

X - Marchisio - Pjanic

It becomes exceptionally obvious, the starter X has to be a player with great aggression and physical presence.

Obviously, Witsel isnt that player. And if you think Pjanic has a weak mental resilience, think again.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Sturaro has great aggression and physical presence.

Just look at his wiki:

A quick, hard-working, tactically versatile player, Sturaro is capable of playing anywhere in midfield, but is usually deployed as a box-to-box, central, or defensive midfielder in front of the back-line, due to his qualities as a ball-winner, as well as his good technique, and subsequent capacity to start attacking plays after obtaining possession; he is also capable of playing as a defender, due to his physical attributes and ability in the air. Regarded as one of the most promising young footballers in the world, due to his work-rate, composure, tenacity, and ability to read the game, his playing style has drawn comparisons with compatriot and 2006 World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso. Unlike Gattuso, however, Sturaro is also known for his offensive contribution, and his ability to make attacking runs and advance into good positions, which has also led him to be compared to former Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal. Although right-footed, Sturaro is also capable of distributing and striking the ball accurately with his left foot.
I've bolded the most important parts.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:rofl: :lol: Regarded as one of the most promising young footballers in the world. Did Sturaro write his own Wiki page? :shocked:

Witsel will be a welcome addition, considering the alternatives. I mean, anyone who can pass, tackle, and run consistently is an improvement over the likes of Sturaro, Hernanes, and the current version of Asamoah.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He's strong and composed from what I've seen. We need a stopper in midfield who can use the ball. I expect that he can be that player for us.

Mar 30, 2006
I think Witsel will be a really good player for us. I think he has been waiting to come to a top club for a while and will be focused on winning. Also he will be a great bargain if we can sign him for 6m. I dont think anyone can complain about the signing.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think Witsel will be a really good player for us. I think he has been waiting to come to a top club for a while and will be focused on winning. Also he will be a great bargain if we can sign him for 6m. I dont think anyone can complain about the signing.
Just saying that his salary will be very high, around 4-5M. It will be one of the highest of the squad.. he's by no means a cheap player, so it's not a low risk high reward signing. The club will have to make an effort to pay him.

May 26, 2016
Just get it done already. Lets not act like there is a plethora of players available in the January window for CL play, that has International experience and we know can bring stability.

:andyandbarcelona: for Veratti won't help, im sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)