Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Exactly what we need: another rotation player.

Sturaro, Lemina, Asamoah & Hernanes are obviously not enough.
Witsel is better than Sturaro, Lemina and Hernanes, and Asamoah will be injured before you've finished reading this.

Witsel might not be what we need, but we do need a central midfielder, and Witsel is a realistic fairly cheap solution to that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Witsel is better than Sturaro, Lemina and Hernanes, and Asamoah will be injured before you've finished reading this.

Witsel might not be what we need, but we do need a central midfielder, and Witsel is a realistic fairly cheap solution to that.
Salaries will be high, he's definitely not a cheap player.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Unless I'm mistaken, at 4.5m a year he would be our 3rd highest paid player.

How exactly is that cheap?
How exactly is that ok for a "rotation player"?

Also, I don't think we need an extra midfielder (if no one leaves).
Realistically, I'd say you need 6 players for 3 positions to get through the season fairly comfortably. We've already got 7.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Unless I'm mistaken, at 4.5m a year he would be our 3rd highest paid player.

How exactly is that cheap?
How exactly is that ok for a "rotation player"?

Also, I don't think we need an extra midfielder (if no one leaves).
Realistically, I'd say you need 6 players for 3 positions to get through the season fairly comfortably. We've already got 7.
You wanna rely on Sturaro, Hernanes, Lemina, a player returning from an ACL-injury, two injury-prone midfielders and Pjanic. That's kool. I don't, and that's why I think it's a good idea to sign a midfielder. Salary btw., isn't the only number in the equation, and I think Witsel is fairly cheap compared to as an example Sissoko's asking price of up to 35m euros.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Because a "certain" signing would fail in the last minute. You've been here long enough to know how it works.
It already failed with a better player in Matuidi. Tho with Witsel it would be more embarrassing because it's much easier to get him.

But the drama bit would be surprising because this is just a mid level player, who would lose their shit for not getting him? Certainly not the club because he seems to be their last choice option.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)