Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So if @chester , @Seven and @Robee allow ?

Witsel is an allrounded central midfielder. Suited for a mid 3 in wich he is not a holding midfielder, nor an attacking reference point. he's allrounded. When he's close to the ball, he'll run towards the player in possession to ask the ball, and distributes it with rather short simple passes. His playstyle is to do that, and infiltrate the opponent close to the strikers to find space there. he has a good shot and header, so he's moderately succesfull with it.

He cannot play holding midfielder. He has poor tactical sense and positionning, and is bad at reading the game. He's primarly a short passer + infiltration. Holding mid completely ruins his game.
He cannot play attacking midfielder. his vision and passing is too limited, and his offensive game is to confuse defenders by infiltrating from deep. He's blocked quite a bit by having to remain in that zone. At Belgium for example, we've seen several times when he was instructed to stay deep, and its never working.

I would compare him to Marchisio's role with Pirlo and vidal in the mid3. Difference beeing that Marchisio is significantly superior at everything except headers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So if @chester , @Seven and @Robee allow ?

Witsel is an allrounded central midfielder. Suited for a mid 3 in wich he is not a holding midfielder, nor an attacking reference point. he's allrounded. When he's close to the ball, he'll run towards the player in possession to ask the ball, and distributes it with rather short simple passes. His playstyle is to do that, and infiltrate the opponent close to the strikers to find space there. he has a good shot and header, so he's moderately succesfull with it.

He cannot play holding midfielder. He has poor tactical sense and positionning, and is bad at reading the game. He's primarly a short passer + infiltration. Holding mid completely ruins his game.
He cannot play attacking midfielder. his vision and passing is too limited, and his offensive game is to confuse defenders by infiltrating from deep. He's blocked quite a bit by having to remain in that zone. At Belgium for example, we've seen several times when he was instructed to stay deep, and its never working.

I would compare him to Marchisio's role with Pirlo and vidal in the mid3. Difference beeing that Marchisio is significantly superior at everything except headers.
good, we dont need him then.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
In the current mid3 of juventus, he has no role to play.

- He cannot be the central guy in front of the defence. That would be horrible.At least pirlo had great sense of tactics and positionning.
- He cannot play rcm, because that requires to compensate for Cuadrado, he'd be stripped of his infiltration game
- He cannot play lcm, because he's not a box to box midfielder, and he'd disrupt the space in wich the SS is trying to move.

His tendency to come far to close to the player to ask the ball,makes him easy to defend. His supporting range for passing is simular to tiki taki midfields. But he isnt remotely good enough at passing to pull off 1 touch passing to evade close pressing

I'll gladly take Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah, Khedira and Pereyra before him, and before the end of the season we can probably add sturaro to that list aswel

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I'd rather have Halfredson from Verona then this guy.

That has to be the most underrated vs the most overrated player on the market right now.

Halfredson raped Roma and we can probably get him for 5 million.

Witselpussy can go to Milan for 30 as far as I'm concerned.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'd rather have Halfredson from Verona then this guy.

That has to be the most underrated vs the most overrated player on the market right now.

Halfredson $#@!d Roma and we can probably get him for 5 million.

Witselpussy can go to Milan for 30 as far as I'm concerned.
:agree:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah cos the Belgians never talk bollox. :D
Our media is pathetic, and very very eager to take over shitty news
So if they didnt report it, it means there wasent even shitty news

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. This has a Milan overpay and bust written all over it. We've seen it time and time again with them. Let them buy him and then sell him at a loss next year.
He should go to spain. He'll fail hard in Italy and blame tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)