Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The problem is not so much 'improving' the midfield, but there are too many uncertainties with each of them, will Khedira stay fit/injury free for the majority of the season? How quickly can Marchisio recover without a potential relapse? How will Pjanic perform?
And this is why I said we need rotation options who aren't such poor players.

Witsel is far better than Sturaro, Pereyra, Hernanes... Also better than Lemina currently.

Him and Asamoah are on about the same level. Good, solid players. Not even close to world class, but solid.

I could also say it's very unlikely that our midfield will have the absurd injury woes it did last year. It might. But it's unlikely.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I miss Vidal. He'd have been awesome for us now. I'm kind of jealous of Napoli's midfield setup. They have a ton of potential with Diawara and Zielenski, not to mention Allan and Hamsik in there as well.
A midfield trio of Khedira-Pjanic-Vidal would have been so fapworthy while we waited for Marchisio to return.

I love Beppe, but that was a filthy swine move by him, to pull the rug out from under us by selling Arturo.

Napoli is set for 2-3 years from now. Excellent potential down the road. However, we shall see whether they can keep these players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A midfield trio of Khedira-Pjanic-Vidal would have been so fapworthy while we waited for Marchisio to return.

I love Beppe, but that was a filthy swine move by him, to pull the rug out from under us by selling Arturo.

Napoli is set for 2-3 years from now. Excellent potential down the road. However, we shall see whether they can keep these players.
nah, i dont care actually. we dont exactly know what went down, but it was basically one of 2 things. if it was him pushing for a Bayern move then fuck him, if it was us pushing him out for offield actions then it was a decision i accept and agree with, because if you play for Juventus you better behave like a pro or fuck off. besides, his money basically funded the Alex Sandro (an Hernanes :hihi:) purchase so i thank him for that

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Of course if we go back to the beginning of the thread, the same people advocating this purchase now, would be stating the complete opposite of what they are regurgitating now. Now that he is set to become a Juventus player, he's a good option :sigh:

@Jem83 Happy Birthday Bro :wine:
I've always said I'd prefer if we looked at an entirely different category of players, namely the Verrattis of this world. But as a backup rotation player, Witsel is more than decent.

Obviously it's not the kind of transfer a fan will be excited about.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Zach just may as well stay banned at this point. He's going to set a record for infraction accumulations once this transfer goes through.
Zach hates this guy for a supposed foul he made in 2009 (when in fact Wasilewski broke his own leg coming in the way he did). His opinion on Witsel is ridiculous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Please, how can you even defend Witsel . He was even suspended for shitloads of games for it.
He was suspended because Wasyl was unlucky enough to break his leg. But if a guy like Wasyl, with the reputation he has, comes sliding in like that, any player will defend himself the way Witsel did.

It was very unfortunate for Wasyl and you wouldn't wish it on anyone, but Witsel didn't deserve the shitstorm that came after it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I've always said I'd prefer if we looked at an entirely different category of players, namely the Verrattis of this world. But as a backup rotation player, Witsel is more than decent.

Obviously it's not the kind of transfer a fan will be excited about.
I just wish we'd go for someone younger with more potential. I'm also surprised we haven't looked at Moutinho or considered Herrara from Porto. I also read somewhere that Allegri isn't entirely convinced regarding Witsel, but that Paratici has been an admirer since his Benfica days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)