Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We got rincon so why we should get a player who has 28 yrs nd we have a lot players who are similar to him.
Witsel is considerably better then likes of Rincon and Sturaro, he is still bit of a upper mid level player that I don't regret much not getting because I do not think he was what we needed at all. But if we had gotten him it would been decent bargain and bit of a upgrade for current depth.

But if you are offered 20m a year by mad men then it's plausible to take it when you wouldn't get that in even 5 years of playing in Europe's top leagues.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Witsel is considerably better then likes of Rincon and Sturaro, he is still bit of a upper mid level player that I don't regret much not getting because I do not think he was what we needed at all. But if we had gotten him it would been decent bargain and bit of a upgrade for current depth.

But if you are offered 20m a year by mad men then it's plausible to take it when you wouldn't get that in even 5 years of playing in Europe's top leagues.

Sturaro still has a lot to improve. to me we should have closed to matuidi or draxler witsel is not a game changer and has nothing more to add to our squad that we dont have, he is not a cteative player and we already have Pjanic, marchisio with rincon doing the job. he is a solid midfielder with good passing abilities but nothing special at all .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sturaro is average and Rincon is random quantity signing, while you talk like he has proven anything without playing single second with us. Both not close to Witsel overall qualities.

I spoke against the idea of signing Witsel enough times, and prefer more decisive quality, but still gotta say you underselling too much.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Sturaro still has a lot to improve. to me we should have closed to matuidi or draxler witsel is not a game changer and has nothing more to add to our squad that we dont have, he is not a cteative player and we already have Pjanic, marchisio with rincon doing the job. he is a solid midfielder with good passing abilities but nothing special at all .
That's why he should only be a bench player at Juventus, he's a work in progress and should only be relied upon for rotation.

We definitely should've closed Matuidi but unfortunately the Coman incident came back to bite us in the ass. Back in the summer Witsel was the only viable option left for an improvement on our vacant midfield role, albeit not the top quality sign we want.

It's definitely not the end of the world that we didn't get this dude. We just needed a gap-stop solution for our midfield problem and he could've solved it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not a coward, but unambitious. It's his choice in the end. Half of us would take the money over football 'glory.' It all depends whether football is a job or a passion for the player. In Witsel's case, it's clearly a job.
No player with ambition goes to china befofe his thirties. Its not like they arent earning millions here. Just not as many

- - - Updated - - -

You are considerably overrating witsel based on 6+years ago.

Sturaro can play a role in big games. Witsel doesnt. Hes some bench sub.
Sturaro as it stands is the best physical option we have(which is an issue on its own) but untill we sign two greatly superior physical cm/cdm's, he's more important then witsel

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
No player with ambition goes to china befofe his thirties. Its not like they arent earning millions here. Just not as many
I agree, this is something I wouldn't expect from any ambitious footballer. This guy spent the best years of his career in Russia which can be already considered money move. But going to China at the peak of his career is just something unacceptable. If he considers such a option we should move on, we don't need this type of characters in our team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I agree, this is something I wouldn't expect from any ambitious footballer. This guy spent the best years of his career in Russia which can be already considered money move. But going to China at the peak of his career is just something unacceptable. If he considers such a option we should move on, we don't need this type of characters in our team.
Exactly, this is what Osman forgets

its not just the player abilities, but the mental aspect. Which is completely lacking from Witsel. No drive, determination, willpower or ambition. He plays football to mend his awfull hair and buy purses, and just picks whatever offers cash.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
for 6-9 mill that guy would have been an absolute beppe master stroke. Too bad the chinese ruined it for us.
with 6 months on his contract and 4M wages? not so sure about it

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: I think he would be a slightly more criminal version of Benzema.

But a likeable one, not a blackmailing asshole like Karim.
Karimm would be brilliant here next to Dybala :tuttosport:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sturaro can play a role in big games. Witsel doesnt. Hes some bench sub.
Sturaro as it stands is the best physical option we have(which is an issue on its own) but untill we sign two greatly superior physical cm/cdm's, he's more important then witsel
Your biased lunacy has no boundaries, Witsel as much as I dont like him as overall package, is BETTER THEN STURARO in pretty much everything expect run around like a headless chicken. Witsel is not aggressive runner, but he is physical, to say Sturaro is some kind of force at it is BS merchant level.

You will enjoy the coming days, I'm defenitely fine with not getting him (and he proved me kinda right by going to China after wasting prime years in Russia...), but same type of posters who were overrating Witsel out of some weird excitement when they were sure we were getting him, will now talk him down his playing qualities in overly unrealistic ways. I mean you are not even the first to talk about someone like as limited as Sturaro in comparison to Witsel, which is something no one would said besides you, before this current news.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck this guy. Of course had we gotten him, some members would be singing his praises and saying how he is the vital cog we need to make that push in Europe. Now, seeing as we are set to miss out on him, he is unnecessary and worse than the likes of pseudo footballers like Sturaro and Rincon. Some of you truly have no fucking shame. Happy New Year :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fuck this guy. Of course had we gotten him, some members would be singing his praises and saying how he is the vital cog we need to make that push in Europe. Now, seeing as we are set to miss out on him, he is unnecessary and worse than the likes of pseudo footballers like Sturaro and Rincon. Some of you truly have no fucking shame. Happy New Year :D
Zach hated him even before he was off to China so, who exactly are those who are changing their mind now?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Zach hated him even before he was off to China so, who exactly are those who are changing their mind now?
I respect Zach, at least this once, for sticking through with his opinion throughout the whole ordeal. I'm not gonna go back and reread every single post, but I'm quite certain that once this deal falls through, those calling this a steal or getting hyped up about seeing him in our shirt, will quickly change their minds. It has already started, with words such as pussy and mercenary flying around.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Your biased lunacy has no boundaries, Witsel as much as I dont like him as overall package, is BETTER THEN STURARO in pretty much everything expect run around like a headless chicken. Witsel is not aggressive runner, but he is physical, to say Sturaro is some kind of force at it is BS merchant level.

You will enjoy the coming days, I'm defenitely fine with not getting him (and he proved me kinda right by going to China after wasting prime years in Russia...), but same type of posters who were overrating Witsel out of some weird excitement when they were sure we were getting him, will now talk him down his playing qualities in overly unrealistic ways. I mean you are not even the first to talk about someone like as limited as Sturaro in comparison to Witsel, which is something no one would said besides you, before this current news.
Witsel is better at everything with the ball at his feet.

He is not physical. He will not go and win duels. He lacks the vision and tactical sense to cut out passes. He doesnt hold a ball terribly well.(pjanic is superior. Pjanic.) He doesnt win duels and doesnt go in them.
He has zero drive to push forward when its not working.

Sturaro is a bloodhound. He'll press and knows how to make forward runs. His aggressive game is good anda he's rather good at harassing and, duelling.

He sucks when he had the ball. Thats fine in the middle but, an issue in advanced positions.

Sturaro will improve pjanic and dybala.
A cm thats aggressice and physical, but also good when having the ball, is substantionally better.

Wistel adds nothing. Sturaro improves the creative players around him.

We need a player like sturaro but that is actually good when having possession and with more tactical sense.

Hence, nainggolan would be amazing

- - - Updated - - -

When a team is balanced and has no specific need, then witsel would be better overall.

Juventus has specific needs.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
we need an AMF more than we need a DM, Khedir and Sturaro are fairly good as DMs, Marchisio and Lemina are not half bad either and Asamoah is finally replaced by Rincon. So we only need to focus in that AMF, this was the extra smth Vidal and Pogba offered and Hernanes is just not Juve material. Witchel would be quite the option at the moments we need some extra creativity from the middle of our midfield, as we can always rely on Dybala and wingbacks alone.
We are are an attractive option for him if he wants to earn some glory. He went to Zenit for the extra cash, maybe his next priorities will be competitive football, rather than yet more money, it's up to him...

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
BREAKING: Axel Witsel will sign for Chinese club Shanghai SIPG and earn €18m a season. [@FabrizioRomano]

Chinese change! ����Axel Witsel will sign for Tianjin (Fabio Cannavaro is their manager). NO for Shanghai SIPG.

- - - Updated - - -

CONFIRMED: Axel Witsel (27) from Zenit is on his way to @TianjinSFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)