Australian Open (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The creme de la creme of tennis society is already gathered as the new season starts tomorrow with the opening of the Aussie Open :cheesy:

The first and the second round will not be as exciting (probably) but later on we can expect some interesting matches and hopfully a breat-taking finals. After some calculations and considerations of the player's forms and standings, we should see (and hopfully will) Lleyton Hewitt and Andre Agassi in the men's final. The young, hot-blooded Aussie who's under major presure as the whole Australia is waiting and wishing for him to finally bring home the crown or will it be the old fox who's still eager for more?

Women's finals, not only on Grand Slams but in other big tournaments as well haven't been all that exciting since the Wiliams' sisters stepped on courts and started dominating this sport. But still, there's a couple of other ladies that could (and did) step on their toes - Jennifer Capriati, who will fight for her third consecutive Austrlian Open title or maybe the young belgium Kim Clijsters?

Any tennis fans among you? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #2
    First surprize - the defending champion Jennifer Capriati was beaten by Marlene Weingartner in 2-6 7-6 6-4.

Lleyont Hewitt struggled in the first round against Magnus Larsson and need 5 sets to beat him (6-3 3-6 6-1 6-7 6-2).

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Yep, I like this guy :)

Actually my fav tennis player is Tommy Haas but I dunno why he don't play in this tournament, maybe he's injured or something :down:

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    Tommy Haas had to had a shoulder operation a while back so he's out of tournaments for now :undecide:

Bad news for all Safin fans, he stepped away form a game today because of his wrist injury. His presence on the Australian Open was doubtful from the start. But he decided and gave himself a chance. Too bad his wrist didn't manage the pressure :frown:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I bet the women's final will be a great spectacle :rolleyes:
    someone put these creatures in the men's league please :groan:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    You know what, Roddick, the American future has a terriffic service, 232 km/hour. :thumb:
    He's the second who has the fastest service after Greg Rusedski.
    Rusedski's got 240 km/hour in ATP Indian Wells-US, only have 65 km/hour difference with top speed Ferrari! :eek:

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
    Schuettler beat Roddick 7-5, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Friday in the Australian Open to advance to the final against three-time champion Andre Agassi.

Schuettler, the German seeded 31st, finished off the American in 2 hours, 19 minutes, ending the match with backhand winner down the line for a service break.

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
    Serena and Venus Williams teamed to win their sixth Grand Slam doubles final, an ideal tuneup for their fourth consecutive clash in a major singles final.

The top-seeded Williams sisters won their second Australian Open doubles title with a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over second-seeded Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain and Paola Suarez of Argentina.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    who's your fav in tournament? ;)
    In women's, my favourite went out in first round :redface: as usual! :wallbang:

In mens, my fave rusedski is not there, so i was supporting Srichaphan :D:D but he's out I think :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)