Attack or Afraid (1 Viewer)

malayou

Jul 26, 2002
Many people will wait for Lippi what formation will he deployed when the season start.
Will Mr Lippi play an attractive:excited: attacking style of play or another dull play by him after a disappointing Scudetto winning last season?

Attack till We Die ...

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
To play an attractive play as you put it, you need the personnel, which we most certainly do not have. As long as Juve keep on winning and some fans are happy, don't see them ever changing the format.

Personally gr8 football is a must to me, but like I said, the players we have cannot produce that.

Only Delpiero and to a lesser extent Davids bring me to my feet in the present squad, Salas is capable as well but he missed most of the season

The rest are just there to provide victory, no thrills involved

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I agree with you once more Denco. Juve don't have the players to play the kind of football Real Madrid play,but I still think we can try to be a little more attacking. I believe,that football should be played to entertain,not just win. Don't you just love watching Brazil or Real Madrid play? I do,but I guess if Juve keep on winning I'll still be happy.

OP

malayou

Jul 26, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    I am delighted with the comment given by you all but for me if Juve opt to play attacking football will do me fine, I'm afraid if Mr Lippi deploy a dull game just like last season. When the season nearly ended Mr Lippi played attacking football that in my opinion will bring us more trophies if he had already deployed that style of play from the start of the season.
    We can still play good attacking football by playing 3 men upfront.
    I will always hope that Mr Lippi keep his promise in recent weeks.
    Juve don't have any reliable playmaker so by putting 3 men forward will spark the attacking display of our beloved team. Nedved, Brighi or Salas have the ability to do that job.
    I prefer 3 forwards rather than playing a 'hole' behind the traditional 2 forwards.
    What do you think guys?.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i prefer the hole thingy,cos juve tend to work more from the mid,so having an AM there,or maestro,as i like to call it,could very well help initiate runs from there.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Malayou, Nedved is an attacking midfielder, not a striker while Brighi from what i have seen of him is a more defensive midfieder who can go forward, so they do not count as forwards. The hole as you call it must be occupied by a very skilful player with great vision otherwise it will be difficult to beat any reasonble team jus t by putting anyone in there.

I don't agree that Lippi plays defensive, infact i will go as far as to say he does not know how to play defensive football, quite a statement for an Italian manager, i know, but his teams don't play defensive football.

Its not dull its just the players he inherited under Ancellotti and he has to make do with what he has, and since Juve are not willing to spend, there you go, he is not in a position to dictate which players he wants.

Having said that Lippi does try to be too clever for his own good at times like Depor away and Roma in Rome were absolutely ridiculous team tactics and selections.

I might be wrong but Lippi does seem to make mistakes tactically in big matches

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Malayou,I prefer playing 2 strikers with a playmaker behind them than playing with 3 strikers,but I still hope we see Salas,Treze and DP play together during the upcoming season.

I don't think that Lippi really plays defensive football. Lippi's favoured formation last year was the 4-3-1-2,and that is by no means defensive.

I believe Juve's key to playing better,more attractive football comes from the midfield. Our defence is pretty solid,and our attack doesn't need improving. What we really need,is more creativity and pace in midfield. I think the acquisition of Mauro Camoranesi will give us some more flair,but we need something more,somebody to do what Zizou used to do.

I hope Mr Moggi and Mr Lippi were watching the Amsterdam Trophy,because Ajax are a team with plenty of young talent ready to be snatched up. Chivu would be a greta addition to our defence,while van der Vaart and Sikora would give us the extra effort needed in midfield. Also,if looking for a young striker then look no further than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The man is real good. I hope to see at least one of these four players join Juve soon..

Del Piero can't do it all by himself...

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Let us not forget Juve bagged a lot of goals last season, the most if I beg to differ. I'm not saying we should stick to the same style, but I think yeah, we should play with more _FLAIR_

:)

modan

Jul 13, 2002
    yea, i agree, italian sides must really change the type of football they play, we all see it, the clubs are in debt, we can't just rely on the fans and the prize money to get the club going, we need to play attractive and pacey football which aim to entertain, not to win.

lippi is already a better manager than most italian managers, he plays a more varied football, but he still needs to be more attacking and try some tricky tactics like stunts fooling the defence, like the brazilians, you see them attempting over-head kicks even if they failed to score, why? because they are creative and they DARE to play.

well i prefer a 'hole' behind 2 FCs, but Juve has not yet has anyone with that vision, nedved has the creativity, the pace the passing, but i think he is not really a player with great vision and teamwork tho, and we need a daring playmaker who is not afraid to try out all sorts of tricks...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Dario Silva no way on earth should we get him, ppl think Rivaldo is bad, this guy will dive if the wind blows the wrong way

No he is a disgrace to football, he dives way too much

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Dario Silva no way on earth should we get him, ppl think Rivaldo is bad, this guy will dive if the wind blows the wrong way

No he is a disgrace to football, he dives way too much
    That really wasn't my point. The point was that "Creative" players aren't easy to acquire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)