Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
Yeah there's rumours with Roma right now, him and that Barba guy they have too (plus Criscito). Maybe just baseless rumours that allways spring up when a team gets a new coach, but it would make kind of sense for them.

And why would we want Tonelli or he us? (as first choice) He would be 5th choice, kinda weird move.

Well I figure that Barzagli will renew his contract for a year and then possibly retire and it doesnt look like we intend on renewing Caceres contract, so that would leave is with Chiellini, Bonucci and Rugani. Unless we start promoting some youth who do we go after? Im just speculating, we will probBly find some unknown cb whos great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah probably someone we not heard of yet.

Romagna would be interesting proposition, we like never played our own youth product as CB (Rugani and Criscito played in our primavera, but not homegrown). I dont say defence in general cuz I'm trying to forget DJ Paolino.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah probably someone we not heard of yet.

Romagna would be interesting proposition, we like never played our own youth product as CB (Rugani and Criscito played in our primavera, but not homegrown). I dont see defence in general cuz I'm trying to forget DJ Paolino.
Please tell me I'm overreacting :)D) about Pogba probably going to Real now that Zidance is in charge.

I don't think there is any chance of us keeping him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I assumed people had accepted by now that Pogba will not be here long term. Personally I think he'll stay another season, or until he is about 25, whichever is first (cba to look).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Please tell me I'm overreacting :)D) about Pogba probably going to Real now that Zidance is in charge.

I don't think there is any chance of us keeping him.
I think we will keep him beyond this summer (tho it will be insanely hard proposition to do so, especially if he owns the euros...), but after that no. Dont think its Real, but eventually Barca. But either way it will only be one of those 2, dont think he sees anything else as step up.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think we will keep him beyond this summer (tho it will be insanely hard proposition to do so, especially if he owns the euros...), but after that no. Dont think its Real, but eventually Barca. But either way it will only be one of those 2, dont think he sees anything else as step up.
We need to do well in the CL this year. If we bow out early that will complicate it for sure. Pogba seems like a smart guy so whichever move he makes it will be about winning silverware rather than money (or a combination of both). He never struck me as the kind of guy only looking to fill his pockets. IF we do well in the CL this year again our finances will grow and hopefully give us more wiggle room for a salary cap increase.

- - - Updated - - -

I assumed people had accepted by now that Pogba will not be here long term. Personally I think he'll stay another season, or until he is about 25, whichever is first (cba to look).
Yeah I know. It's a fairy tale that will end eventually. :sad:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he was only in it to fill his pockets he would have forced his way out already. Despite the young age and flashy exterior, this guy is clearly quite mature, patient and meticolous professional with everything that has to do with his career. And defenitely someone who is completely thriving with us so far. Whenever he decides to move on, I wont blame him at all. Just enjoy having him aslong as possible.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If he was only in it to fill his pockets he would have forced his way out already. Despite the young age and flashy exterior, this guy is clearly quite mature, patient and meticolous professional with everything that has to do with his career. And defenitely someone who is completely thriving with us so far. Whenever he decides to move on, I wont blame him at all. Just enjoy having him aslong as possible.
He is thriving with us, that's for sure. And despite is extremely crafty agent, we have done well keeping him here. Honestly though, for him and Raiola I think staying here was a no brainer to grow into the player he is and is becoming. Zidane knows Pogba is a gem. Will be fascinating to see how this evolves. If we we turn down a 100m off this summer and Pogba wants to stay, you know Raiolo will be looking for a new contract.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That is true, and we should give him whatever contract we can give him, hardly think the demands will be unreasonable considering the market and what a super star he is becoming.

But yeah, despite all the bravado of Raiola, he is a clever fatso, and its very very smart to have moved Pogba here, and for him to stayed and stay for longer. Because very few top clubs can offer the kind of ideal and super professional surrounding to grow in, while giving him so much space to become the go-to-guy. Especially from this season onwards. Previously he was secondary to Vidal and Tevez, and Pirlo carrying most of the iconic burden in midfield. But now its up to him, and regardless of how much he would invision playing for Barca or Real, he wouldnt be the first fiddle he is for us (especially at Barca, in post Ronaldo Real, I can easily see Pogba becoming the go-to super star).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That is true, and we should give him whatever contract we can give him, hardly think the demands will be unreasonable considering the market and what a super star he is becoming.

But yeah, despite all the bravado of Raiola, he is a clever fatso, and its very very smart to have moved Pogba here, and for him to stayed and stay for longer. Because very few top clubs can offer the kind of ideal and super professional surrounding to grow in, while giving him so much space to become the go-to-guy. Especially from this season onwards. Previously he was secondary to Vidal and Tevez, and Pirlo carrying most of the iconic burden in midfield. But now its up to him, and regardless of how much he would invision playing for Barca or Real, he wouldnt be the first fiddle he is for us (especially at Barca, in post Ronaldo Real, I can easily see Pogba becoming the go-to super star).
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

We are a top 5 club in my opinion. Can't pay the crazy wages others can but we can offer the silverware :D

Mar 3, 2014
If we sell Pogba + Morata back to Madrid, I would require James Rodriguez coming back. We'd also have to get a deal lined up for Verratti. Anything RM, Marotta needs to approach with the mentality of gauging them, which I feel he doesn't do enough.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
He is thriving with us, that's for sure. And despite is extremely crafty agent, we have done well keeping him here. Honestly though, for him and Raiola I think staying here was a no brainer to grow into the player he is and is becoming. Zidane knows Pogba is a gem. Will be fascinating to see how this evolves. If we we turn down a 100m off this summer and Pogba wants to stay, you know Raiolo will be looking for a new contract.
I think it's way too premature to predict either way. In a recent interview, Raiola said Juve are the favorites to keep him and they turned down massive offers last summer. And a couple of days ago he said he is happy in Turin after being named to starting XI of FIFPro. I honestly don't know how long he will stay. There are many factors that could determine that. A lot of it depends on his desires and the club's ambitions. He seems very happy with his teammates and still seems very grateful to the club for giving him a chance back in 2012. And in Turin he will be the man along with Dybala, who he seems to be having a lot of fun with (even if it is mainly dabbing :sergio:). In Spain he will be second fiddle to Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, and so on. The other factor will also be how the club grows over the next few years. Juve has gotten to a point where it can turn down offers for its players if they want to stay. It doesn't have to rely on selling players to pay the bills like other clubs in Italy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we sell Pogba + Morata back to Madrid, I would require James Rodriguez coming back. We'd also have to get a deal lined up for Verratti. Anything RM, Marotta needs to approach with the mentality of gauging them, which I feel he doesn't do enough.
Yep. That's the thing. Marotta needs to look at getting more than money out of a pogba sale. I mentioned trying to get Isco here plus cash in the other thread or no deal. JR would be nice too.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If Morata goes we'll buy Berardi IMO. Dybala/Berardi for SS and Mandzukic/Zaza for CF.

The big money, if possible should go for an AM.
I think something like that could happen if Zaza really stakes a claim to start regularly this season. But the aim is to have a fifth striker in the squad.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So we signed Zaza for 18M in exchange for Sassuolo becoming our official feeder club. Meanwhile, Zaza is now somehow worth 30M to EPL clubs?

:beppe:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Raiola said in an interview a few days ago that there was a 50 % chance of Mkhitaryan to Juventus in the summer. What do you think of him as our starting AM? He is fast, tecnically gifted and very intelligent. Had a fantastic season at Dortmund and still only 26 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)