evra
asa
khedira
sturaro
tielemans

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What poor record? We raped every big team in Italy consistently (more so than the last and the current season) and we did great against Chelsea and very good against Madrid. Only Bayern managed to outplay us. If anything, Conte's CL group elimination was down to dropping points against the weaker teams unnecessarily.
The 'big' teams in Italy were so much worse than our players that I did not include them when speaking of quality opposition - that's not a critique point against Conte but you can hardly give him credit for beating a better side when Roma with Totti, Maicon & The Greeks and Stekelenburg were our main competition.

Against Bayern, Chelsea and RMA (the quality sides we faced) our record was 1W, 2D, 3L. That's not impressive, by any means.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The 'big' teams in Italy were so much worse than our players that I did not include them when speaking of quality opposition - that's not a critique point against Conte but you can hardly give him credit for beating a better side when Roma with Totti, Maicon & The Greeks and Stekelenburg were our main competition.

Against Bayern, Chelsea and RMA (the quality sides we faced) our record was 1W, 2D, 3L. That's not impressive, by any means.
At one side, one can argue the remarcable difference when looking how Allegri's team handled the big games, apart from that final where vidal went zaza and pirlo went on vacation early.

On the other side, Conte faced a madrid in the groupstage and a bayern in the knockouts, who are FAR superior over their current forms

- - - Updated - - -

But Nzoric is right

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Must sell:
Pereyra, Zaza, Hernanes
Must buy:
Cuadrado, Berardi, Oscar/Isco/Götze

Sturaro, Maronne, Lemina, Padoin and Asamoah can provide all the depth we need in the middle.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Berardi and Cuadrado are upgrades.
Zaza must go,because we cant sell MAndzukic, Dybala, or Morata.
Berardi can score more goals than Zaza and Cuadrado can make the difference even against competent opposition where Pereyra fades.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Before Suarez transfer to Liverpool, I wished we signed him first. But we couldn't compete with Liverpool financially at the time.
Luckily, we can afford dybala now.
I hope and believe dybala will be better player than suarez.

- - - Updated - - -

I think, losing against galatasaray was embrassing that losing vs big name.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
"Juventus have turned down offers from West Ham (€15m) & Southampton (€17m) for Sturaro. [GdS]"

Add those to the Zaza offers (27m and 28m...if said rumors are to be believed)

Plus the Rugani and Neto offers

We've got offers coming out of our arse this winter mercato.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
"Juventus have turned down offers from West Ham (€15m) & Southampton (€17m) for Sturaro. [GdS]"

I do not think seel our promising youngster is good.
No matter money we get for that, as long as there is salary cap, we can not buy world class player.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

No wonder why. It's the first season of the new EPL deal and their sides are trying to do everything to finish the season above their opponents. Huge money to win there so there's competition.
We should watch out with selling our players though. These sums are getting everyone excited right now but soon those will be the reality of the market. We're a top top side now and it's normal our bench is becoming more attractive than our starting 11 was a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)