Athletes and their beliefs (10 Viewers)

May 21, 2009
Sissoko isn't obliged to fast, just as Adriano isn't obliged to drink.
It's a choice they make themselves, possibly influenced by others.
Sissoko is indeed obliged to fast. Being a Muslim isn't really a "choice". Whoever believes (IMO Islamic belief isn't a choice, but mental acceptance of truth!) in Islamic Monotheism and the fact that Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) is the last Messenger is obliged to follow Islam, and with Islam comes the pillars such as praying, fasting etc.

However, it seems as if it isn't worth discussing Islam or why Muslims like Sissoko follow it with people who are obviously suffering from Islamophobia. So I'll end the discussion right here, anyone who wants to discuss further can send me a PM.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sissoko is indeed obliged to fast. Being a Muslim isn't really a "choice". Whoever believes (IMO Islamic belief isn't a choice, but mental acceptance of truth!) in Islamic Monotheism and the fact that Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) is the last Messenger is obliged to follow Islam, and with Islam comes the pillars such as praying, fasting etc.

However, it seems as if it isn't worth discussing Islam or why Muslims like Sissoko follow it with people who are obviously suffering from Islamophobia. So I'll end the discussion right here, anyone who wants to discuss further can send me a PM.
Islamophobia? Really? You present your argument like that and you're surprised that people think muslims are big M's? Mental acceptance of the truth, huh. Interesting choice of words you have there.

More to the point though: YOU make your own moral choices. Islam does not do it for you. YOU choose to be a muslim.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Islamophobia? Really? You present your argument like that and you're surprised that people think muslims are big M's? Mental acceptance of the truth, huh. Interesting choice of words you have there.

More to the point though: YOU make your own moral choices. Islam does not do it for you. YOU choose to be a muslim.
Seeing that he ended the discussion, I wasn't gonna reply, but the part you highlighted really dazzled me too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I got a -rep for this post? Now I really want an explanation from the muslim who did that. I don't care about the -rep, hell I get them all the time, but I find it pretty weak. Present your argument, fellow.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That is your own biased opinion. Who gave you the right to judge what is and what isn't bigger than football? You are just one insignificant voice in a world of more than 6 billion.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I got a -rep for this post? Now I really want an explanation from the muslim who did that. I don't care about the -rep, hell I get them all the time, but I find it pretty weak. Present your argument, fellow.
because you are an infidel ... ha ha ha

don't worry, those -rep givers are just people that have very few to say in real life.

they probably think "ha, i will give it to him hard and give him negative reputation and he will feel really bad because of it".

it's the only possible way of "harming" you, because their brain is not educated enough to stand normal arguments.

honestly i have -repped less then 5 times in total, because it is of no worth. if someone writes something weired than i accept that this is just their opinion and not meant to upset me.

if i would -rep everytime i read bullshit, i would not have the time to do anything else here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)