Athletes and their beliefs (35 Viewers)

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
I don't quite understand how Sissoko can fast and Juve be alright with it. The work done beforehand (training & preparation) is wasted if the diet regime is not in order. If you are employed to do a specific job and you can't do it for religious reasons...why are you still getting paid? It's unfair on the team and others that this happens every year...I would be rather annoyed if I was the coach that's for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't quite understand how Sissoko can fast and Juve be alright with it. The work done beforehand (training & preparation) is wasted if the diet regime is not in order. If you are employed to do a specific job and you can't do it for religious reasons...why are you still getting paid? It's unfair on the team and others that this happens every year...I would be rather annoyed if I was the coach that's for sure.
We've all been through this already. And after everyone called Sissoko unproffessional and what not, he came out and said that he did not fast for Ramadan.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
even if he is fasting in ramadan isn't it the juve medical staff's job to find him a quit good diet to work things out? there are many fasting players all around th world and if lower level teams found a way to work it out with their players why can't we do the same ?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
even if he is fasting in ramadan isn't it the juve medical staff's job to find him a quit good diet to work things out? there are many fasting players all around th world and if lower level teams found a way to work it out with their players why can't we do the same ?
Not again, I thought we lived through that discussion already :disagree:

OP
whateverr

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
  • Thread Starter #7
    if you read back quite a few pages there were several links with direct quotes from Mohammed himself.
    100 pages of mostly drivel...way too much...never heard of this before. I was under the impression he fasted..Does he mention whether he stopped this year or if he has ever in fact fasted during a season?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    100 pages of mostly drivel...way too much...never heard of this before. I was under the impression he fasted..Does he mention whether he stopped this year or if he has ever in fact fasted during a season?
    I can't remember, but when journalists asked him if his fasting was affecting his performances on the pitch for Juve, he said that he was not fasting.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I can't remember, but when journalists asked him if his fasting was affecting his performances on the pitch for Juve, he said that he was not fasting.
    No, he was. I am fairly certain he fasted last year for about 30 days. He even admitted he felt weary as a result.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    bitch peasant please. It's not your place to contradict my statements..
    I thought kings were supposed to be intelligent. Stop posing, the only thing you reside over is the Land of Misfit Toys.

He fasted. Bottom line, I am right. Go seek one of your advisers King Tut

OP
    whateverr

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
  • Thread Starter #12

No, he was. I am fairly certain he fasted last year for about 30 days. He even admitted he felt weary as a result.
    Cheers...I suppose his hunger to win is bigger than pleasing imaginary figures...I'm liking this.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Exactly, thank you.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We've all been through this already. And after everyone called Sissoko unproffessional and what not, he came out and said that he did not fast for Ramadan.
    No, that is not true. He did indeed fast during Ramadan, admittedly.

Hustini got it right.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Type 'ramadan' into the thread search thing and all shall be revealed.

Some reports said he fasted, some said he didn't.

Believe what you want to believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)