At the stadium, at home, or at a bar? (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Home. I've tried a few supposedly soccer-friendly bars in San Francisco, but they either cover EPL exclusively (I think they sell a lot more beer to inebriated Brit expats than to any Italians) or their equipment is shoddy and problematic. There's nothing more aggravating than lugging yourself down to North Beach on a Sunday morning to catch the Parma-Lazio match, only to have the satellite TV system locked on some infomercial because they have technical problems.

I've met a couple of Serie A die-hards in town -- one who runs a cafe down the street from where I work and subscribes to every possible soccer satellite broadcast known to man. But he's also Milanese and hence a massive Milanista. It was bad enough watching the CL with him last year. :(

I love the social environment of a more public pub ... and will even prefer the older Italian guy hang-outs you find in Canada, like some places down Commercial in Vancouver. But I've been unable to find that even in North Beach in SF.

I've have had far better experiences watching the World Cup in public spaces here. But the Serie A followers are seriously lacking. I'm definitely open to PMs on the subject if you're in the area and are looking to throw things at a TV screen in unison (that goes quadruple if you're a Juve fan :fero: ).

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I watched Korea vs Turkey at the kebab place down the road that's run by Turks. We all had a great time and everyone watched in silence with pide in their hands and tears forming in their eyes after the match. It was truly beautiful how they all embraced eachother and waved the other team's flag :touched:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I watched Korea vs Turkey at the kebab place down the road that's run by Turks. We all had a great time and everyone watched in silence with pide in their hands and tears forming in their eyes after the match. It was truly beautiful how they all embraced eachother and waved the other team's flag :touched:
thats not the meaning of sports.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I find it boring to watch football at home. A large pub all the way. I have been going to the same place for several years now, and I know most of the people who come there.

What's interesting though- we get as much fun out of the game when not one's favorite, but most hated teams are playing. :D

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
since I have no satellite T.V, I have to watch it at this food stall

but still, its just felt like you're in a stadium or somethin with so many people cheering and chanting:D:cool:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
it depends on who we are playing.. if it is a big match.. against a big team.. I don't watch it at home.. I go to the coffee shop where all football fans gather and smoke "sheesha".. great atmosphere..

if it's against a small team I watch it at home coz they won't be showing it in the coffee shop..

I wish I can go to the stadium and see the matches LIVE..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I have no choice but to watch it at home as the stadium is too far away and as you can probably guess I'm not allowed in bars just yet.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i watch at home.

i like my privacy when it comes to football matches because noone dares sit with me and watch.
i yell and comment too much for a normal person to stand it... :D

then,the stadium..if i was living in italy...that would be easier!

bar-in greece,in the bars they only show greek football,or at their bests spanish...

italian football is not popular here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)