Aston Villa interested in Maresca (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
by Patrick Goss
Aston Villa are rumoured to be interested in Juventus midfielder Enzo Maresca - with the Italian media suggesting the former West Brom ace could return to England this summer.
Maresca came through the youth system at West Brom after arriving in the country from his native Italy very early in his career.

Soon after breaking through into The Baggies line-up he was snapped up by Juventus, where he has become a regular after impressing on loan spells at Piacenza and Bologna.

Maresca played 29 times for Juventus last season, including a goalscoring role in the 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos in the UEFA Champions League.

It has been heavily suggested the cultured player will be sold by Juventus after a disappointing campaign, and Aston Villa are believed to lead the list of suitors.

Maresca is waiting for a fresh contract offer from Juventus, who have just got a new coach in Fabio Capello.

David O'Leary would be delighted to snap up a player that has both experience in the English league and at the highest level in Italy, but Maresca has already expressed his desire to remain in Turin with Juve
*sigh* Will this ever end... ?!

Give him his new contract for god's sake!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
why the hell are we even allowing the rumour mongers create stories of us selling one of the biggest young starlets of italian and european football?

he should have had his contract tied up by now.moggi's getting old and senile.

Jul 12, 2002
:LOL: Aston Villa! :LOL:

I wouldn't be surprised if Maresca were let go, but I doubt that he'll end up at Aston Villa, that'd be just silly.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I was talking to a friend of mine who's a Lazio fan, and he put it perfectly: "How come everyone except for Juve knows that Maresca's a gun?"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh sorry, that's not a term i use often either, it was an exact quote. Basically means he's great

Aug 1, 2003
you never know. d'alessandro went to wolfsburg when he was hot. I was quite surprised to be honest. and van buyten went to manc city (I think) and with so many rumours of how big clubs wanted him that too came as a surprise to me. So our dear Enzo might just end up at aston villa. or maybe norwich, just to make us commit mass suicide.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it would be a tragedy if we let him go for anything less than a small fortune.

unfortunately moggi seems willing to let him go for peanuts:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)