Ashoura crazy night (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, my mind on the religion has already been made up. But one thing I notice about followers of Islam is that they like to blame such idiocy on other ideologies when the fact of the matter is the Ashoura extremists would not exist without the ideology of Islam itself.

Same definition in any dictionary. The shared values, attitudes and tradition of a people. Despite just a minority of Muslims partake in this nonsense it still qualifies as part of the culture.

Theres a small minority in the US that call themselves white supremacists, you know the neo nazi's, the kkk etc. If we can derive a peoples culture from a small minority of people, then i think it would be safe to say that racism and supremacist ideals are part of the American Culture.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
No man, this is not the reason. I mentioned the reason in my 1st post(1st page). They don't do it because they're scared or because they think or because they believe in it, they do it because they want to feel the pain of what Hussien the grandson of Prophet Mohammed felt when he was killed in Iraq thousands of years ago. (Which is very retarded).

Some information here about Ashoura and Shi'a.

This Ashoura thing started in Iran because in Iraq it wasn't allowed during Saddam Hussien's time. Iranians started this one and they tried to spread it to the Shi'aa people around the Arab world.

Iran regime failed to spread it to Iraq when Saddam invaded them 30years ago(because Saddam felt that they're influencing the Shi'aa of Iraq).

Then they tried to spread it to Shi'aa of Lebanon. And it somehow worked because at that time we were having a civil war in Lebanon, Lebanese vs Palestinians, Lebanese vs Syrians and the situation was really terrible at that time. They spread it to Hezbollah after financing them with arm/money in 1982.

Before that, we never heard of Ashoura in Lebanon until Imam Khomeini took the power in Iran.

Thankfully, very few Shi'aa of Lebanon do practice this ugly show.
Oh I see, this is similar to that scene from The DaVinci Code,
where that albino, uber Christian guy whips the shit out of himself [in order to feel Christ's pain? :sergio:]
It's even more retarded than I thought it is then.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Theres a small minority in the US that call themselves white supremacists, you know the neo nazi's, the kkk etc. If we can derive a peoples culture from a small minority of people, then i think it would be safe to say that racism and supremacist ideals are part of the American Culture.
Of Course they are.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Of Course they are.

Its the same in Ireland, i'm sure you have those type of people.

So since you're going to judge me and other muslims on the basis a small misleaded, misguided minority's actions. Then i will judge you on the basis of the small misleaded minority in your country too.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Its the same in Ireland, i'm sure you have those type of people.

So since you're going to judge me and other muslims on the basis a small misleaded, misguided minority's actions. Then i will judge you on the basis of the small misleaded minority in your country too.
What type of people?

If you mean White Supremecists then yes, we have 5.

And I mean 5.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What type of people?

If you mean White Supremecists then yes, we have 5.

And I mean 5.

When you look at the one billion muslims in the world and you count how many people believe in this shameful idiocy. Then it will probably be the same percentage of white supremacists in Ireland(even going by your estimation).

Am i making sense here? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)