Arturo Vidal (58 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Vidal will forever be my favourite player of this era. Losing him was always going to be a bigger blow than losing Pogba. Something must have contributed behind the scenes like his drunk driving incident.

He was such an all rounder and could even turn on the silky dribbling every now and again.

Plus have to respect him choosing to move to us when he was a known commodity by then and we were worse than Leverkusen.
2011-15 Vidal was the most complete footballer I have ever seen.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
When you think about it, Vidal being sold for a discount price of 40 millions is legit a crime
You dont need to think about it to realize this was the worst sale of the Marotta era.

- - - Updated - - -

Vidal is getting allot of hype rn but people don't realize that he was pulling these performances week in week out for Juventus while hitting double digits in goals.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Vidal on Juventus’s elimination from the Champions League: “I was surprised: I was sure that Juventus would reach the final for the players they have. What a disappointment, unfortunately they came out.”

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Were we ever given a solid reason why he was sold?
I kept hearing it's all because an injury and that car incident - but it's hard to believe that's all.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
IIRC it was mostly @Delpiero84
He had his best season in 2012/13 and after that he was visibly slowing down. He had a knee injury and never got back to the level of previous season. He hit a peak here. Last night he was good but nothing spectacular, certainly not Vidal from his best days. He is a bit slow these days, but grit is still there.

The issue was not finding adequate replacement. When you go from Vidal to Matuidi, Bentacur, that is significant drop in quality. Add Pogba's sale to that a year after and here we are. The fact that even this Vidal would walk into our current midfield speaks volumes how awful our midfield is. If we exclude 4-5 years post calciopolli, this is the worst bunch of midfielders we had over the last 25 years.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It was something like 38 million if I remember right, He was worth at the very least 50 million which was a lot before the Neymar deal was made to PSG and drove up prices
He was worth a lot more since we valued Pogba at 120 millions at the time (regardless of if he went for 100 millions the following summer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He had his best season in 2012/13 and after that he was visibly slowing down. He had a knee injury and never got back to the level of previous season. He hit a peak here. Last night he was good but nothing spectacular, certainly not Vidal from his best days. He is a bit slow these days, but grit is still there.

The issue was not finding adequate replacement. When you go from Vidal to Matuidi, Bentacur, that is significant drop in quality. Add Pogba's sale to that a year after and here we are. The fact that even this Vidal would walk into our current midfield speaks volumes how awful our midfield is. If we exclude 4-5 years post calciopolli, this is the worst bunch of midfielders we had over the last 25 years.
Man, you said he was abysmal. I remember you using that word in particular. I am not here to dig up past arguments but now that it was brought up I think it's hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)