Arturo Vidal (29 Viewers)

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I still believe Vidal was sent away by our management because of what he did off the field. Vidal never wanted to leave. Pogba wanted to gtfo, Vidal didn't.

Beppe is too smart to let go of Vidal after Tevez and Pirlo leaving(also knowing he would sell Pogba the summer after). Vidal probably forced his hand after he kept getting in trouble in Chile.
Nah, I think at the time he wanted a more competitive team after Tevez and Pirlo left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
A bit of both i guess.
He wanted to leave, and we didn't wanna keep him at all costs because of his off the pitch antics and his injury.

The only drunk driving idiot i could tolerate was Martin :vidal: @Fr3sh

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
The guy is basically two players in one, his impact for us was incredible. He was used in a different role at Bayern and in a different system to ours, too.

Beast of a player, no doubt about it. His presence alone could strike fear among opponents.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He said he had a better chance at winning a CL with Bayern, and something along the lines of them being a better club. He wasn't wrong, although as of yet he hasn't won the CL with them either

Sure it's annoying to read as a fan, and as long as he's at Bayern I sure as hell don't wish him any success, but supporting a club doesn't mean you have to be delusional. Would take him back 100%, he'd sort out our shit show of a midfield.

May 23, 2013
He said he had a better chance at winning a CL with Bayern, and something along the lines of them being a better club. He wasn't wrong, although as of yet he hasn't won the CL with them either

Sure it's annoying to read as a fan, and as long as he's at Bayern I sure as hell don't wish him any success, but supporting a club doesn't mean you have to be delusional. Would take him back 100%, he'd sort out our $#@! show of a midfield.
Had we not just qualified for the UCL final the season before? The team we had last season played Vidal's Bayern off the park last season while missing the likes of Marchisio, Dybala, Chiellini etc (though Bayern had their own problems). So I do not see how he was correct about Bayern having a greater chance of UCL glory.

I dont think Vidal is what we need, our midfield is toothless but Lemina could potentially have a similar effect as Vidal in that regard. IMO we are sorely missing Pogba's creativity, which Pjanic has not managed to replicate at all recently.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Had we not just qualified for the UCL final the season before? The team we had last season played Vidal's Bayern off the park last season while missing the likes of Marchisio, Dybala, Chiellini etc (though Bayern had their own problems). So I do not see how he was correct about Bayern having a greater chance of UCL glory.

I dont think Vidal is what we need, our midfield is toothless but Lemina could potentially have a similar effect as Vidal in that regard. IMO we are sorely missing Pogba's creativity, which Pjanic has not managed to replicate at all recently.
True but Pjanic to impose his game better needs a more dominating team. We need more muscles in the midfield in order to achieve that.

Pogba is long gone so there's no point in looking at the past. We need to make use of Pjanic now and as long as our midfield remains so nonathletic and slow - we aren't getting anything from Pjanic bar some odd long ball straight to our CFs (Pirlo style).

It's impossible to find a player like Pogba anyway. We need a WC B2B and our midfield would do much better.

May 23, 2013
True but Pjanic to impose his game better needs a more dominating team. We need more muscles in the midfield in order to achieve that.

Pogba is long gone so there's no point in looking at the past. We need to make use of Pjanic now and as long as our midfield remains so nonathletic and slow - we aren't getting anything from Pjanic bar some odd long ball straight to our CFs (Pirlo style).

It's impossible to find a player like Pogba anyway. We need a WC B2B and our midfield would do much better.
If Allegri begins to actually give Lemina some mins imo he can develop into that. Though in the mean time hopefully Witsel will be good enough.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If Allegri begins to actually give Lemina some mins imo he can develop into that. Though in the mean time hopefully Witsel will be good enough.
Lemina's situation is the biggest mystery to me. He's got all the tools to complement our midfield. All he needs is playing time and guidance and he could be actually useful playing next to Marchisio and Pjanic.

Witsel is another slow-ass midfielder with poor workrate and that's why I don't like us getting him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)