Arturo Vidal (27 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Glad you've read that shit to, let's be real here Vidal is a superior player to Pogba and we're getting numbers of 50+ million thrown around for Pogba. Vidal in the current market is worth 60-70 million easily considering he is the best and every rich team in the World would move for him if he came available. Which he won't as he's signed a new deal less than a month ago.

Juventus will sell one player this Summer for huge money if anything and that'll be Pogba.
Pogba is 20 and has the potential to be far better than Vidal who is already in his prime. Vidal is a 40m player while Pogba is an enigma since no one knows precisely how much he will develop. If he continues his trajectory he is going to be the "once in a generation" genious.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
Pogba is 20 and has the potential to be far better than Vidal who is already in his prime. Vidal is a 40m player while Pogba is an enigma since no one knows precisely how much he will develop. If he continues his trajectory he is going to be the "once in a generation" genious.
I agree with the Pogba statement. But what are we going to hold the player aganist his will, if he wants to leave? It is both in the clubs and players intention to be happy and if Pogba isn't or wants to move to another team let him as long as we are satisifed with the offer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Vidal is a 40m player
How do you calculate this? If Mata is a €48m player, Bale is a €90m player, then I disagree. We can put any figure on it which becomes financially beneficial, oil clubs and Real Madrid have created this monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Signing a contract doesn't mean player is staying.
Just means the player retains more value and stops the risk of free agency.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just means the player retains more value and stops the risk of free agency.
Exactly.

Yea but it means we could keep him for possibly another season or two
That is entirely different thing. But in Pogba's case it's still a 50-50 case.

If a huge offer arrives I highly doubt we'll say no, even if he signs a new contract tomorrow.

If we get 50mln + I'm afraid we're gonna wave goodbye to Pogba. And it's going to be one sad ass day if/when it happens.

Jul 20, 2012
Exactly.

That is entirely different thing. But in Pogba's case it's still a 50-50 case.

If a huge offer arrives I highly doubt we'll say no, even if he signs a new contract tomorrow.

If we get 50mln + I'm afraid we're gonna wave goodbye to Pogba. And it's going to be one sad ass day if/when it happens.
I think Agnelli, Marotta, Partici, and Conte have realized that if there were for real an offer for 70m or so we would have to say good bye for sure. However its not like we didn't expect something like this, if it does happen. If he doesn't renew in between now and the summer, given he stays or not, to me the message from the board is that we intend on selling him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How do you calculate this? If Mata is a €48m player, Bale is a €90m player, then I disagree. We can put any figure on it which becomes financially beneficial, oil clubs and Real Madrid have created this monster.

Because all those are flashy offensive players that owners like to collect as toys. The Vidal type just isn't valued the same way today.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think Agnelli, Marotta, Partici, and Conte have realized that if there were for real an offer for 70m or so we would have to say good bye for sure. However its not like we didn't expect something like this, if it does happen. If he doesn't renew in between now and the summer, given he stays or not, to me the message from the board is that we intend on selling him.
I'm not even paying attention his contract renewal. I think we're making him a marketing figure at the moment and we'll sell at the best time. So we're just planning when will that be.

But seriously, it's really a sad thing to see. Pogba is possibly one of the best players of this generation and he's gonna leave a huge mark in football overall. He's just insanely talented and he can already make a huge impact in both Juve and French NT. He's a star in the making and it was pretty much obvious ever since he stepped on the pitch. And hell, I'll be fucking sad in the near future when I tell someone 'oh, that guy played for Juve and stepped the game right there, I was watching him constantly' instead of 'that's Juve player right there man'. I hate the fact we'll lose this gem. Pretty much same goes for Vidal, too, I just believe we can keep him for a longer time.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Sorry Nzoric,

In this market, when Fellaini goes for 27 million, Fernandinho for 30 million, Vidal is lightyears ahead of both.

If Juventus decide to sell, United wouldn't stand a chance of getting him as Madrid, City or PSG would blow them away.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sorry Nzoric,

In this market, when Fellaini goes for 27 million, Fernandinho for 30 million, Vidal is lightyears ahead of both.

If Juventus decide to sell, United wouldn't stand a chance of getting him as Madrid, City or PSG would blow them away.
That's a market and a general football opinion which regarded Fellaini as one of the best midfielders in the world when United purchased him.

Jul 20, 2012
I'm not even paying attention his contract renewal. I think we're making him a marketing figure at the moment and we'll sell at the best time. So we're just planning when will that be.

But seriously, it's really a sad thing to see. Pogba is possibly one of the best players of this generation and he's gonna leave a huge mark in football overall. He's just insanely talented and he can already make a huge impact in both Juve and French NT. He's a star in the making and it was pretty much obvious ever since he stepped on the pitch. And hell, I'll be $#@!ing sad in the near future when I tell someone 'oh, that guy played for Juve and stepped the game right there, I was watching him constantly' instead of 'that's Juve player right there man'. I hate the fact we'll lose this gem. Pretty much same goes for Vidal, too, I just believe we can keep him for a longer time.
Yea by losing him we weaken our strongest area.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a market and a general football opinion which regarded Fellaini as one of the best midfielders in the world when United purchased him.
Not at all, he was regarded as good by EPL fans no one else.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
We lost Zidane though Doozy, granted Pogba is younger so it will hurt more but I'd be more upset losing Vidal, but I believe the management will listen to offers for Pogba more than Vidal.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That's the only plus point, we'd have very good funds to make a fantastic European team.
Depends.Its going to be for the first time in a while, Beppe is going to have a lot of liquid cash on his hands.Remains to be seen how we are going operate with such amount of cash.
Do we spend big on one WC player or we are going to make 2-3 very good market opportunity signings with that cash,remains to be seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)