Arturo Vidal (28 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd sell pogba over him tho,thats what i said initially
With sales of either Pogba or Vidal we could get 40-50m and I don't believe that amount is enough to revolutionize our team. We would undoubtedly weaken our strongest area and for what really? Vidal is WC player, Pogba is on a path to become one very soon and I would rather focus on building our team around these two. Players like Padoin, PDC, Motta, Quag or Gio, Pepe should be offloaded. We could gain some 30-40m, their wages included of course, and that will be enough to give us more spending power. IF some indecent proposal comes by, something in region of 70-80m then we should consider it as every player has its price.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
With sales of either Pogba or Vidal we could get 40-50m and I don't believe that amount is enough to revolutionize our team. We would undoubtedly weaken our strongest area and for what really? Vidal is WC player, Pogba is on a path to become one very soon and I would rather focus on building our team around these two. Players like Padoin, PDC, Motta, Quag or Gio, Pepe should be offloaded. We could gain some 30-40m, their wages included of course, and that will be enough to give us more spending power. IF some indecent proposal comes by, something in region of 70-80m then we should consider it as every player has its price.
:lol2::sergio:

and who will save our ass? the mailman?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
and buy a GK and LWB? maybe CM too. still doesn't replace those super sub goals.
Almost but that second part ruined it. Regardless of whom Juventus decide to sell next summer and there will be more than few departures, we'll need to significantly reduce our wage bill and the squad size. As things stand now we'll most likely earn 30-40m less in CL. Considering that the costs will remain around the same level, other revenues also very similar to the previous ones (tickets, sponsors, TV rights), we won't found ourselves in position to seriously compete on the next transfer market. People will again start to blame Marotta for being cheap and not splashing 30m, the amount we simply don't have. Quag was there mentioned among bunch of others, as I don't see him vital for our future project.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Almost but that second part ruined it. Regardless of whom Juventus decide to sell next summer and there will be more than few departures, we'll need to significantly reduce our wage bill and the squad size. As things stand now we'll most likely earn 30-40m less in CL. Considering that the costs will remain around the same level, other revenues also very similar to the previous one (tickets, sponsors, TV rights), we won't found ourselves in position to seriously compete on the next transfer market. People will again start to blame Marotta for being cheap and not splashing 30m we simply don't have. Quag was there mentioned among bunch of others, as I don't see him vital for our future project.
Do you think we'll (be forced to) sell someone important next summer if we do not reach the next round in the CL?

Important meaning one of our starters who'll fetch us some real money, so not Quag for example.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Do you think we'll (be forced to) sell someone important next summer if we do not reach the next round in the CL?

Important meaning one of our starters who'll fetch us some real money, so not Quag for example.
I wouldn't want that as a fan but it might just happen if things continue this way. We have around 60m capital and I don't think board will allow another 2011 when we barely escaped bankruptcy. The other alternative is Exor to subscribe more shares but how long can we expect bailouts like these.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Almost but that second part ruined it. Regardless of whom Juventus decide to sell next summer and there will be more than few departures, we'll need to significantly reduce our wage bill and the squad size. As things stand now we'll most likely earn 30-40m less in CL. Considering that the costs will remain around the same level, other revenues also very similar to the previous one (tickets, sponsors, TV rights), we won't found ourselves in position to seriously compete on the next transfer market. People will again start to blame Marotta for being cheap and not splashing 30m we simply don't have. Quag was there mentioned among bunch of others, as I don't see him vital for our future project.
We won't get much money for him, and he scores many vital goals. Keeping him would be the smart thing to do in that situation.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I wouldn't wont that as a fan but it might just happen if things continue this way. We have around 60m capital and I don't think board will allow another 2011 when we barely escaped bankruptcy. The other alternative is Exor to subscribe more shares but how long can we expect bailouts like these.
I'm thinking somewhat along the same lines. Though I'd say that unless an insane offer comes in for one particular player, we're gonna try to save money by selling a few less important ones & getting their wages off the books.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
No left back needed?
probably the most needed player right now.

but i was adressing the idea of selling one of pogba or vidal. we all know we need a pirlo replacement. we also all know tht we lack a back up mid as things stand now.

if you take the squad as it now we need a LWB or a CM.

but if pirlo is let go, and or vidal/pogba is sold now you need another 2 players who are key. which means any money you earned from the sale is going to be spent right away on replacements who are less likelky to have the same impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)