Arturo Vidal (61 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Only Juve fans have ever called khedira world class lmao

you still haven’t told me what he’s world class at, im waiting
You figure it out. He probably bribed low to make him captain or Allegri to start him.

- - - Updated - - -

If WC means among the very few best in his position, I agree, Khedira probably was never even the best mid on his own team. But indeed a very good player on his best.
What do you call a player in 2017 that was among Kross modric Pjanic casemiro and Pjanic, the mids that played a CL final that year, while captaining the German national team, and was close to a treble with his club team?

I mean what does a mid need to do to be considered wc at this point. Score 20 goals a season and a hat trick in a cl final?

"unworthy of the shirt like khedira Ramsey lemina rincón"

The amount of disrespect this guy gets is staggering.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You figure it out. He probably bribed low to make him captain or Allegri to start him.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you call a player in 2017 that was among Kross modric Pjanic casemiro and Pjanic, the mids that played a CL final that year, while captaining the German national team, and was close to a treble with his club team?

I mean what does a mid need to do to be considered wc at this point. Score 20 goals a season and a hat trick in a cl final?

I call it a very good player, not everyone is WC. I dont consider Henderson to be a WC mid either.

Khedira for Juve post 2018 deserves the Ramsey comparison, prior to that no.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I call it a very good player, not everyone is WC. I dont consider Henderson to be a WC mid either.

Khedira for Juve post 2018 deserves the Ramsey comparison, prior to that no.
Depends on the definition of what wc is.
For me you can't win multiple cl, start for two top5 teams in football, captain your country, win a wc as a starter without being wc.
If Juve would have been average, then maybe, but we were on of the most attractive destination in the world of football at the time.
Agree to disagree in terms of definition.
Agree after winter 2017 he was finished. Injuries probably finally did him in.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Depends on the definition of what wc is.
For me you can't win multiple cl, start for two top5 teams in football, captain your country, win a wc as a starter without being wc.
If Juve would have been average, then maybe, but we were on of the most attractive destination in the world of football at the time.
Agree to disagree in terms of definition.
Agree after winter 2017 he was finished. Injuries probably finally did him in.
Sorry to spoil the fun but Khedira never won multiple CL titles, he won the CL once with Real Madrid in 2014, and he also didn't captain the German NT. Lahm was the captain then Neuer.

I also don't think Khedira was a world class player, but he was a good player and had a brilliant career as he won everything there is to win with club and country.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Putting khedira in the same sentence as the others is a travesty.
Sami was world-class for 2 and a half seasons.
2015-2016
2016-2017
2017 - middle of the season
Starting from summer 2018 he declined so badly that he became washed up.

That version of sami was way better than anything we have now, including overrated Loca.
Sami was a very good player but nowhere close to being a WC CM for Juventus. Your definition of world class is very loose.

Chapin

Mar 2, 2022

- - - Updated - - -

Spurs played a UCL final, was Winks and Sissoko world class?

khedira wouldn’t have started in barca, madrids, or bayerns midfields in 2016 or 2017. We had pjanic and a half fit marchisio in 2017, of course khedira would start

May 23, 2013
At his best he was every midfielder we've had at the club since 2019 x100.

If he stayed at Juventus I believe we would've won the CL in 2016.

Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Khedira and Pereyra in the center of the pitch would've been beautiful to watch.

Top 10 midfielder of the 2010s and top 3 from 2012-14.

It's a shame that Vidal is not considered a legend of any club considering the level of performance he reached.

Though he is still a personal Juventus legend for me.

MVP was undoubtedly the most important part for Juventus' return to relevance in 2012.

Watching him give his absolute all for Juventus during his time here was a joy to witness.

From my viewpoint his post-Juventus antics have not tainted those memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)