Arturo Vidal (98 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
People seriously compare Trez and Camoranasi with Vidal? Both Trez and Camoranasi stuck by us in Serie B, and only left in old age when they no longer they were needed at the club.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'd see that as a different scenario because we already had a firesale before their supposed 'requests'.

This situation is different.
It was different, but...? Point is, their transfer requests were denied and they didn't become unmotivated like some said Vidal would be.

People seriously compare Trez and Camoranasi with Vidal? Both Trez and Camoranasi stuck by us in Serie B, and only left in old age when they no longer they were needed at the club.
Um, I'm talking about when they asked to leave in the summer of 2006

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It was different, but...? Point is, their transfer requests were denied and they didn't become unmotivated like some said Vidal would be.

Um, I'm talking about when they asked to leave in the summer of 2006

We were in division 2 at the time and we needed experience like Camo and Trez to get quickly back up.

In this situation,we already have capable backups in Vidal's position and we are coming off 4 straight league title victories and a cl final.

Sorry but context cant be ignored.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Khedira and Marchisio are both more supporting, covering players.

Would mean more freedom for Pogba and the cam/wingers in front of them. Of wich we got plenty.

And if i'm honest, the form Pogba was having before his hamstring injury...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We were in division 2 at the time and we needed experience like Camo and Trez to get quickly back up.

In this situation,we already have capable backups in Vidal's position and we are coming off 4 straight league title victories and a cl final.

Sorry but context cant be ignored.
I'm not comparing how much we needed Camo/Trez then to Vidal now. I'm comparing the two situations to refute the theory that if a player asks to leave, then it's always best that the club accepts. Besides, it should be a lot more difficult to hold on those two stars while we're on way to Serie B, than holding on to Vidal while being 4 time champions, CL finalists, and with ever improving finances. I'd say we're in a much better position to keep our players now than then.

Regardless of the situation, Serie B or CL final, we always want our team to become better or at least be as strong a the previous season. Right now, it's obviously weaker, but I am criticising Marotta's moves, because the transfer window is still open. My only point is that you don't have to sell a player if he merely asks to leave.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Last year Kroos asked to leave Bayern and they dint deny his request..Why ? Because they were already loaded with many midfielders as it is.Juventus are in a comparable situation here.
And we are talking about a German,Bayern youth product here.Ofcourse he made a bit of a fuss with his wage requests but they could've totally blocked his sale if they wanted to but didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not comparing how much we needed Camo/Trez then to Vidal now. I'm comparing the two situations to refute the theory that if a player asks to leave, then it's always best that the club accepts. Besides, it should be a lot more difficult to hold on those two stars while we're on way to Serie B, than holding on to Vidal while being 4 time champions, CL finalists, and with ever improving finances. I'd say we're in a much better position to keep our players now than then.

Regardless of the situation, Serie B or CL final, we always want our team to become better or at least be as strong a the previous season. Right now, it's obviously weaker, but I am criticising Marotta's moves, because the transfer window is still open. My only point is that you don't have to sell a player if he merely asks to leave.
I would imagine we would've denied Pogba a transfer if he asked to leave because that would mean way too many changes.

In theory ,you are correct but the management would've evaluated the squad closely too and probably thought a Vidal sale wouldnt hurt us as much not only because of the replacements in place but also due to the fact that the team needs dire need of creativity.

Ofcourse if we get a scrub AM,my theory falls apart but thats a different matter and there's still a month left in the mercato.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So much butthurt in this thread as well :cry: :sad:

I oppose any foreign player being placed in the legends section, as we are an Italian club, and must maintain pride in our Italian core.

Guys like Zidane, Nedved, Camo, Davids, and even Platini shouldn't be placed in the legends section.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
is that you Conte?

Did we not finish 2nd last year?

If we kept Vidal and Tevez we would have been candidates. The problem our team has become a selling club, we've failed to convince one of our best players of our project, and told the whole world they can leave if they request it.

Expect Pogba to leave next year for sure, unless we convince him of our project
convince wih our project? you mean we've failed convince him with better salary and long term contract?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Problem with Vidal wouldn't be a lack of motivation, this is how fans like to see it. He's a professional, what does it mean to be unmotivated when you are pretty much risking your career? Had Trezeguet and Camo had more serious suitors (they were not young and not at their prime), willing to pay a tempting transfer fee, Juve would have sold them. You have a player who wants to leave, the club that wants him pays you 40m, and you doubt you'd be able to get the same money even one year later: you sell. It's easier to compare Vidal's situation to Zidane's imo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, if the comments posted in the transfer thread are true, then Vidal essentially pulled a Thuram by insinuating Juventus isn't a big club. Of course, Vidal has a very low IQ, so he may not have any tact when speaking, but it's still something to consider.

Either way, it's a shame we couldn't cash in more on this dunce dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)