Arturo Vidal (21 Viewers)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Is he a car driver for us or a footballer? On the pitch he always acted like a professional and helped us winning trophies. Selling winners just because they make mistakes won't do us any good.
You have to draw the line somewhere. he could have killed someone, or himself, and we would have lost the player and the money. I like juve for having a standard and not excepting dangerous and destructive behavior. The team and club will profit in the long term, by sending the signal of what is acceptable and what is not. Accepting selfdestuctive behavior in a profesional club, can not lead anywhere good

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You have to draw the line somewhere. he could have killed someone, or himself, and we would have lost the player and the money. I like juve for having a standard and not excepting dangerous and destructive behavior. The team and club will profit in the long term, by sending the signal of what is acceptable and what is not. Accepting selfdestuctive behavior in a profesional club, can not lead anywhere good
So now we really believe we sold him because of the accident? We could live with his drinking and night clubbing (with fights in those clubs) as well as being late for trainings and planes and all that stuff but after the accident we decided to sell?

TBH I don't buy that. IMO it was all about money (Bayern offered more) and we refused to. On the pitch he was always a professional giving his all. I think his contribution is very undervalued here but now all is up to Khedira who is a direct replacement. If the German does well Vidal's departure won't be noticed but I doubt Sami can make us forget about Vidal. Similar players to an extent but Vidal is definitely superior.

If we don't want to have 'bad boys' here then so be it but I doubt that's the reason. Besides we can't question Vidal's quality and if we sell him we have to get a WC player coming in; otherwise we're sending in a bad signal to other players who might ask to leave/refuse to come. At the end of the day results are all that matters and Vidal was a guarantee of them.

Gotze coming in for Vidal would make it up for me, Draxler - I'm not sure but that's another matter, not proper for discussing here.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
So now we really believe we sold him because of the accident? We could live with his drinking and night clubbing (with fights in those clubs) as well as being late for trainings and planes and all that stuff but after the accident we decided to sell?

TBH I don't buy that. IMO it was all about money (Bayern offered more) and we refused to. On the pitch he was always a professional giving his all. I think his contribution is very undervalued here but now all is up to Khedira who is a direct replacement. If the German does well Vidal's departure won't be noticed but I doubt Sami can make us forget about Vidal. Similar players to an extent but Vidal is definitely superior.

If we don't want to have 'bad boys' here then so be it but I doubt that's the reason. Besides we can't question Vidal's quality and if we sell him we have to get a WC player coming in; otherwise we're sending in a bad signal to other players who might ask to leave/refuse to come. At the end of the day results are all that matters and Vidal was a guarantee of them.

Gotze coming in for Vidal would make it up for me, Draxler - I'm not sure but that's another matter, not proper for discussing here.
we do not need to forget arturo.

Jul 13, 2010
for me he will remain a legend, I love him, he is my hero and my fav player, and he will remain my fav player. I will continue to support Chile because of him, and I wish him to be a key player in Bayern, although he being a flop would justify selling him, but does that change anything for us? Unless he dominates in matches against us I don't want him to flop

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

As of now we dont know exactly why he was sold, but my guess is, it was a dection based of the full scoope of the situation with vidal. He had 2 years left on his contract, which meant it would have to be renewed, with a higher wage. With the sale of pirlo and tevez, the team needed injection of creativity. The khedira signing, meaning we didnt have to spend big money on a vidal like player. The drunk driving might have been the final drop, and could also be a reason other big teams didnt enter a bidding war for him. I love what he did here, and the fighting spirit on the pitch, but sometimes its right to go seperate ways. Imo this is the best for both juve and vidal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)