Artificial Pitches (1 Viewer)

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I play on this kind of turn weekly. They are great, but like you said, players must now wear turf shoes on this kind of grass because regular boots cuts the grass.

I'd imagine that the new turf would accomodate regular boots.
    I dont know Majed, if it is the Astroplay turf (which I think its gotta be), then regular boots wont be good.

Turfs seem to be the only choice for this.........

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004

That's why in most indoor facilities that use astroturf, sliding is not allowed.
    but this was outdoor

if the players cant slide and have to use turfs to play, its completely changing the game. some of the players probably wont be able to play half as well this way

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

but this was outdoor

if the players cant slide and have to use turfs to play, its completely changing the game. some of the players probably wont be able to play half as well this way
    That's why i'm expecting the new synthetic turf to be different than the regular astroturf (with rubber pellets) that we play on in indoor facilities.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004

That's why i'm expecting the new synthetic turf to be different than the regular astroturf (with rubber pellets) that we play on in indoor facilities.
    hm im confused. for me astroturf is the BRIGHT lime green stuff used for american football, that comes off and gets all over your shoes. and the synthetic stuff is the stuff with the rubber bits. so is there a "third" kind of turf?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I dont know Majed, if it is the Astroplay turf (which I think its gotta be), then regular boots wont be good.

Turfs seem to be the only choice for this.........
    I've played on an artificial pitch with regular shoes. Of course you can't wear metal studs, but you should be fine with rubber. I was able to slide, but I saw people getting slightly hurt as well. Nothing that would hurt longer than 2 minutes though.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Make no mistake about it, Seba is right. Sliding on artificial grass does hurt, it's nothing like real grass. But if the choice is between that and not playing, well..

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    well, maybe the global warming will melt all the snow and youll just have to play on a very wet pitch.

why dont they just start building stadiums with retractable ceilings, or is it too expensive?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    why dont they just start building stadiums with retractable ceilings, or is it too expensive?
    for stadia that draw 3000 people? yes it is too expensive

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Well, we had to rub something on our legs so it wouldn't hurt.
    :LOL: I don't think professional footballers would like the idea of playing on a surface that requires them to lubricate their legs just so they don't leave layers of skin on the field

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

for stadia that draw 3000 people? yes it is too expensive

well i was thinking for the bigger clubs, for smaller ones, errrrmm, just hire 50 guys with hairdriers

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:LOL: I don't think professional footballers would like the idea of playing on a surface that requires them to lubricate their legs just so they don't leave layers of skin on the field
    thats my point, the field shouldnt require the players to change their ways to accomodate it (turf shoes/lubricated legs etc), it should accomodate them

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

I've played on an artificial pitch with regular shoes. Of course you can't wear metal studs, but you should be fine with rubber. I was able to slide, but I saw people getting slightly hurt as well. Nothing that would hurt longer than 2 minutes though.
    I'm surprised...wont the boots (like the adidas predator FG) tear up the turf ????

Plus, the ground is still hard...there's cement underneath the turf...wont that make wearing regular boots uncomfortable and impractical ??

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    well now we use these fields for my high school team. you can use cleats fine, theres a thick layer of stuff to make it soft, you just cant slide

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    I'm surprised...wont the boots (like the adidas predator FG) tear up the turf ????

Plus, the ground is still hard...there's cement underneath the turf...wont that make wearing regular boots uncomfortable and impractical ??
    No, Vin. There's no problem wearing normal boots for grass. I'm not so sure about the metal studs though.

well i was thinking for the bigger clubs, for smaller ones, errrrmm, just hire 50 guys with hairdriers
    One time they were all good to go and it started snowing heavily just hours before kick off. They called the army and got a bunch of soldiers to get out there and shovel the snow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)