Arthur (16 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont understand something.
One day the media says we might offload Arthur for free since we can get money for him. The second day we need 31M since we bought him for 80M.
Then there is the increased value thing that we had a trial for. Since this was one of the hottest topics there, I assumed the valuations changed yet they seem to still be at 80M.
Can someone please help understanding this crap?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
One day the media says we might offload Arthur for free since we can get money for him. The second day we need 31M since we bought him for 80M.
Then there is the increased value thing that we had a trial for. Since this was one of the hottest topics there, I assumed the valuations changed yet they seem to still be at 80M.
juventus and barcelona signed a contract, that valuation cannot and won't be changed

his current value is determined by the accounting regulations, and is around 33m. jj needs that much to avoid any capital loss (minusvalenza)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The harsh truth is we paid him 80,6m

he cost us 80,6m/5 years of contract + wages = so 16,2/year + 7m gross wages = Each year Arthur Melo stays at Juventus we will bleed 23,2m/year.
If we loan him out to someone willing to pay his wages that cost will still be 16,2m/year.

So the are only 2 scenario where we don't have to pay deprecation:

1) We loan him to someone willing to pay us 16,2m for his loan and willing to pay his wages 7m gross year. That way he wouldn't cost us 1euro

2) We sell him to someone willing to pay us his residual value on books. That means that to not make a loss we'd have to sell him for 32,24m this summer.

The increased value thing has no impact.
We bought him for 80,6m (inflated price to sell Barcellona Pjanic for 60m). Why are they talking about increased value?
Because they're real worth was much lower than what they were sold/traded for.

Does that mean anything to our books as of today? Nothing.
Registered buy is still 80m else if I understand what you meant the price shouldn't be 80 but 40. And then again Pjanic resell price shouldn't be 60 but 30...

So nothing changed just talks and speculations.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

he cost us 80,6m/5 years of contract + wages = so 16,2/year + 7m gross wages = Each year Arthur Melo stays at Juventus we will bleed 23,2m/year.
If we loan him out to someone willing to pay his wages that cost will still be 16,2m/year.

1) We loan him to someone willing to pay us 16,2m for his loan and willing to pay his wages 7m gross year. That way he wouldn't cost us 1euro

2) We sell him to someone willing to pay us his residual value on books. That means that to not make a loss we'd have to sell him for 32,24m this summer.

We bought him for 80,6m (inflated price to sell Barcellona Pjanic for 60m). Why are they talking about increased value?

Registered buy is still 80m else if I understand what you meant the price shouldn't be 80 but 40. And then again Pjanic resell price shouldn't be 60 but 30...

So in other words we are fucked. Our board thought they are smart but in the end this move only caused troubles from trials to re-selling Arthur.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

This is the thing that annoys me even more than the farcical trial and penalty about plus valenza. If we did engage in plus valenza it’s not free money, players overvalued on swaps are a SIGNIFICANT burden on the books of the 2 teams involved, there is literally no advantage.

Look at this deal as an example, we register a short term profit but carry a huge liability on the books and an asset that depreciates at 22.3m a year who is essentially completely unsellable. Literally the upside is nothing. Yet not only are we punished financially in the long term we are also punished in the sporting courts. Honestly the Agnelli-Paratici combo has to go down as the worst management of a football club ever witnessed

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Imagine that. You can sign one contract, not do fuck all for five years, even give up completely and let yourself go, and still get paid millions per year. Footballers are the most privileged fucks in the world.

Not saying Arthur did that btw. But damn, those contracts are better the lottery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)