Arthur (104 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Arthur played as the second CM in 4231 in Brazil.

In current setup, he'll play Ben's role.

Tinkerman experimenter Max will prolly try him as regista at some point but won't stick with it unlike Pep Pirlo. Obviously a foreign role and not his forte. Not only lacking in passing range but even gave the ball away, only time I've seen him do that.

We've a team full of "2nd CMs" and no ideal regista, DM or mezzala.

- - - Updated - - -

Two years of no preseason and little competitive game time. Gon be a while till he's fully match fit and finds rhythm.
arthur is completely different than Bentancur and isn’t a good fit for that role. He’s nowhere near as good defensively or making runs into the box. My guess is max will use him as a regista in a three man mid which would allow Loca to move up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Thing is, I don’t actually know for sure if Arthur is better than Bentancur.

They are both very different players in many ways, both have some serious flaws.
The difference is bentancur has had an abundance of chances to show what he has, but Arthur hasn't.

I see them being completely different. I think allegri is a big fan of bentancur. I dont see him losing his spot. Right now rabiot is the player allegri has been speaking about improving etc...the question is whether allegri will eventually move locatelli into the LCM role...his performances in the euro were outstanding. I can only see Arthur played in the regista role...be it a good idea or not.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The difference is bentancur has had an abundance of chances to show what he has, but Arthur hasn't.

I see them being completely different. I think allegri is a big fan of bentancur. I dont see him losing his spot. Right now rabiot is the player allegri has been speaking about improving etc...the question is whether allegri will eventually move locatelli into the LCM role...his performances in the euro were outstanding. I can only see Arthur played in the regista role...be it a good idea or not.
yeah I hope that’s the plan. I think Allegri will value Arthur’s ability to hold possession and I think there’s more to his game that we haven’t seen yet at juve. I’d be surprised if Allegri can’t pull it out of him, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. This isn’t some jabroni though, he was highly thought of not that long ago for a reason.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
People should stop speculating what role and with who he fits best on the field until he's capable of playing couple consecutive 90mins without twisting his ankle. Im so tired of these guys being around to collect the paycheck.

Be fit or gtfo.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Number of games he has played:

Serie A : 22
Goal : 1
Assist : 0

CL : 7
Goal : 0

Italy Cup : 2

Supercoppa Italiana : 1

Total:
match : 32
Goal : 1

FLOP.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
arthur is completely different than Bentancur and isn’t a good fit for that role. He’s nowhere near as good defensively or making runs into the box. My guess is max will use him as a regista in a three man mid which would allow Loca to move up.
He just didn't look comfortable as mediano/regista. Not his role. Maybe with time he can be acclimated to regista but lacks a key requisite for that role in passing range.

Not really seeing Ben10 entering box often. He seems to have more of a busy centrocampista role in the middle 70 yards. Think Rabiot is supposed to be the mezzala, he just sucks at it. With Arthur in Benta's place, we'd lose some of the defense/running but gain in other areas.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
People should stop speculating what role and with who he fits best on the field until he's capable of playing couple consecutive 90mins without twisting his ankle. Im so tired of these guys being around to collect the paycheck.

Be fit or gtfo.
Even if he's fit he can still only play max. 60mins. He has the worst stamina I've ever seen from a Juve player.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Even if he's fit he can still only play max. 60mins. He has the worst stamina I've ever seen from a Juve player.
I wonder how much his injury actually affected his stamina and how long he was dealing with it. At Grêmio for example he averaged 86 minutes per game. Could’ve just been something he was playing through for awhile until he couldn’t anymore.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Arthur to #JuventusTV: "I've been working hard for a month. I'm very thankful to the #Juventus medical staff that helped me. I am grateful to them because I got to play again for a few minutes. I'm very happy because I'm not feeling any pain anymore."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)