Arthur (6 Viewers)

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
come on, when Pirlo had Arthur available and played continuously we were much better compared to when we had to endure that waste of a space benta rabiot partnership.. I still have some faith in Arthur, with a manager that knows and with Loca next to him, he should be able to help this wreckage
yeah, agreed.

He could excel in a midfield with some talent next to him. He's great at holding possession, which we suck a lot at the moment, and distributing the ball.
He just doesn't work well with Rabiot and Benta on his side, but who does...

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
His level has dropped significantly since joining us, but he's been cured from whatever was troubling him, and we just have to put faith in him. He's far more talented than most of our other midfielders, and I believe he could be a solution for us next to Locatelli and ...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So, problably is a mistake, but I still believe in this guy. It is not possible that he forgot all that played here in Brazil. I really believe that Allegri will fix him. I swear that he was capable here to make a pass longer than 3 m. I really hope that this was Barcelona plus Pirlo blame.
we have no choice but to hope he starts and does well. at least he can hold the ball and pass. which more than can be said about ramsey, berna, bentancur and rabiot

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
When is this guy starting training? He's about the only one with a genuine chance of bringing a click to our midfield.

And that's a very bad situation to be in but hey, that's it for us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Why do you think he's the only one capable of doing that? We had him play and he was horrible, possibly among our worst players when on field.
with pirlo, we had a good run of form in january (6 matches won across all competitions iirc), and arthur played most of those matches. that was before his calcification became an issue. i also think he can bring actual balance to the midfield with his accurate (short range) passing and good to great resistance to pressing. i wish he could actually defend and win duels though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
with pirlo, we had a good run of form in january (6 matches won across all competitions iirc), and arthur played most of those matches. that was before his calcification became an issue. i also think he can bring actual balance to the midfield with his accurate (short range) passing and good to great resistance to pressing. i wish he could actually defend and win duels though.
If it's duo mid with Locatelli it surely wouldn't work. But even as trio it seems quite fragile. I wish we had Locatelli who directs the play and some beast DM next to him and Rabiot/X. Would work much better imo.

Jun 16, 2020
He had a good run indeed and was important against the 3-0 victory vs Barca aswel if I’m not mistaken.

Loca, Arthur and McKennie are my hopes for the midfield.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
If he returns fit and in good form, we might actually be able to field a pretty strong and balanced starting XI at times. It could make the whole difference to our season.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Why do you think he's the only one capable of doing that? We had him play and he was horrible, possibly among our worst players when on field.
Because he has technisue and talent on the ball and Max could find a place and balance for him. Let's not forget he only had Pirlo as a coach.

Rabiot, Bentancur and Ramsey have too many issues to be considered for that

- - - Updated - - -

If it's duo mid with Locatelli it surely wouldn't work. But even as trio it seems quite fragile. I wish we had Locatelli who directs the play and some beast DM next to him and Rabiot/X. Would work much better imo.
True for sure but that's impossible now. So let's try and work the best with what we have.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He did have Pirlo. But he played like a Serie B player, passed the ball to our opponents, threw points away. That had nothing to do with Pirlo but his lack of brain.

Well, hopefully you're right, but lets see

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
There really was that january period when he was considered key player to our team playing well. The only game we lost back then was vs Inter, the game in which Arthur did play. Before that, we only had two looses in league - in both of this looses Arthur did not play. Who knows, maybe he will really be a good addition to this squad, im skeptical but lets have a hope. Could see him linking well with Loca, though probably in 3 man midfield rather than duo.

- - - Updated - - -

it's actually sad how we hope he is one of our season saviour
its depressing as fuck and really not only him, we are also dependant of one of our attacker reaching level he didnt show yet in his career (Kean or Morata) if we want to suceed this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)