Arthur (35 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I'm willing to give Arthur a chance to see if Max can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Since nobody wants him do we have any other choice?

This movie came out in 1981 and Arthur born 1996. Do you think his mom loved the movie with D Moore in it and gave him that name? Perhaps she jinxed him into being a short fella. Ironic they both enjoy their fair share of the brew too. Kid just needs to learn it's best done when chauffeured. :beer:

1623237382637.png
\

PS Since Euro journalists seem to be at ease with throwing shit stories at the wall to see if any of it sticks ..... than the monkey has every right to do so also. It's in my DNA. :grin:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
suggesting that a subpar coach like Pirlo would make sensible decisions is a flawed concept though. his midfield set-up was an atrocity, there were not many players apart from Pirlo himself who'd feel comfortable keeping the ball and keeping the passes short at all costs with very limited passing options.
Well he was right in the end, it got us CL qualification after we were out of it with Arthur costing us points before being dropped. So I give him the benefit of the doubt

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Well he was right in the end, it got us CL qualification after we were out of it with Arthur costing us points before being dropped. So I give him the benefit of the doubt
Dont remember games with Arthur costing us points, but I also missed a fair few as the Pirlo show was getting unwatchable for a few solid months this spring.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Did you get your feelings hurt over a below average lolzilian? Guy got benched by the worst version of bentancur since we got him, cost us points directly, is at 82M+5M net in salary one of the most expensive players we ever had, but im sure you have some stats to show he isnt pure dogshit. While you at it, find some for our other galacticos as well, or you just care about this particular one? Factually wrong :lol3:
Stats: "2.42 points per game when Arthur played, and 1.75 points per game when Arthur didnt play."
Zizinho: "costing us games the few times a year he plays"

You have shown an incredible bias here and you clearly love your fellow bosnillian. You said it yourself, you would prefer even a retired halfdead Pjanic to play for us than Arthur. There isnt a reason for me to continue taking you seriously at this point. You love him, and thats okay. Im happy he is not here anymore and I hope that Arthur can be good for us, or that we can sell him next season for 40-70M, making a very good profit on this piece of business. We basically avoided another Iaquinta, Khedira situation here, with a potential big upside.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The problem with this guy is not his skill or technique but his stamina and work ethic
Well if he had stamina and work ethic he could play one of the wider midfield roles, still wouldnt be suitable for regista given his lack of passing range. Anyway the problem is do you see a midfield role in juventus for a player like Arthur? with his characteristics and weaknesses? cause i don't. He should have stayed in Barca

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
how about we give the guy a chance under an actual coach here huh

maybe just maybe put your biases aside for a bit and let him get tactical instructions from a great coach.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Stats: "2.42 points per game when Arthur played, and 1.75 points per game when Arthur didnt play."

You have shown an incredible bias here and you clearly love your fellow bosnillian. You said it yourself, you would prefer even a retired halfdead Pjanic to play for us than Arthur. There isnt a reason for me to continue taking you seriously at this point. You love him, and thats okay. Im happy he is not here anymore and I hope that Arthur can be good for us, or that we can sell him next season for 40-70M, making a very good profit on this piece of business. We basically avoided another Iaquinta, Khedira situation here, with a potential big upside.
Again with the stats, you clearly just clutching at straws here. For those who couldnt be bothered to check, let me explain what you just did. Games vs Udinese, Milan, Lazio, Cagliari, Napoli, Genoa, Bologna, which we were winning with him on the bench before he got subbed in, are "points per game when Arthur played". Its easy to check, the games are there for everyone to see. Now if you substract those, the "point per game when Arthur played" are lower than when he sits. See, two can play this stupid game. But either way its a stupid point, the sample size in not enough and the level of opposition is not equal in every game. Same for your per 90 min stats.

Meanwhile, i ask you what does your eye tell you, you dont respond. Arthur has directly cost us in both Benevento games, thats 5 points less because of him, plus vs Atalanta where he couldnt be bothered to close out on Malinovskiy shot. Add those points and we are comfortably 2nd.

I dont love Pjanic so much, i like him but he earned that with his Juventus performances. If i was looking at him from my NTs perspective, then he hasnt waranted unquestionable support. I exaggerate a little, but even last seasons version of Pjanic, his worst since joining us, has been better than Arthur. We missed him this season. I want Arthur to be good too, id be stupid to wish him to fail just so i can come here and say i was right. But facts show he hasnt been good, and we will struggle to sell him without a loss for atleast next 2-3 years. Pjanic could have been sold for 5-10M and it would have been without a loss on the books, then we get Locatelli for a loan + option before his price sky rocketed. Or some other cheaper option. But thats the past now, it was a mistake that cant be undone. Anyway, we can all only hope he shows next season that he can stay healthy, perform consistently on the highest stage and we sell him in 2022. Maybe Allegri will find him a role in this team

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, he literally cost us the game against Benevento when he casually passed the ball across our own box for their 1-0 victory.

No level of coaching can guard against that sort of error.

So I don't put any stake into those so called stats. He's been crap all season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well, he literally cost us the game against Benevento when he casually passed the ball across our own box for their 1-0 victory.

+ he also gave away the ball before the benevento equalizer during our first game vs them.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
This is what scares me. Same with Bent with me. Of course that never to be forgotten bad back pass to Tek. More importantly for me his poor decision making with tackling opponents. Bent scares anymore with seeing a red instead of just a yellow.

Bent should have a better soccer sense on the pitch by now but appears he's regressed. I thought Bent could take over for an aging slow Sami but with regards to have a soccer brain, Sami >>>>> Bent. In Max we trust! :xfingers:

singus

Sep 22, 2020

So called stats? lol. Its a fact that we won ~2.42 points per game he played, while 1.75 when he didnt play. That is already accounting for that retarded pass.
We WON MORE with Arthur playing than not, how annoying it might be to concede.

It was a stupid pass indeed. But we can pin every loss at a single player, depending on how far we are willing to go. They cost the same amount of points.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So called stats? lol. Its a fact that we won ~2.42 points per game he played, while 1.75 when he didnt play. That is already accounting for that retarted pass.
We WON MORE with Arthur playing than not, how annoying it might be to concede.
And how many of those points per game do you consider him adding to those stats? Want to quantify that one for me? Because you know there are 11 plus players out there.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
And how many of those points per game do you consider him adding to those stats? Want to quantify that one for me? Because you know there are 11 plus players out there.
Nope I dont want to go into such subjectivity. But the simplest way to estimate that is looking at the difference of those numbers. It DEFINITELY doesn't indicate that we lost more when he played which is the claim by some. Find those numbers if you want people to actually believe that story.

- - - Updated - - -

He had good and he had bad moments. There is room for improvement for sure. But where on our team isnt there. Our midfield has been dead for years. If we can get Kroos, Verratti and Kante, then lets replace our whole midfield. But I dont think we are in a position to upgrade on every position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)