Arthur (25 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This idea of “warrior” though is mostly wishful thinking. Football changed and those are a dying breed.

I read an article on an interview with Batistuta the other day where he was talking about how young players today just get too much too quickly and stop giving a shit at an early age. They have no reason to. We have hundreds if not thousand of examples to back that up. They pretty much do what they want because they own their clubs and a contract means shit. This wasn’t just an older guy talking about how his days were better, he’s dead right.

Regarding Licht, well he was done but Manbro still had much to offer. Guy never complained, always gave his all. Played any role. What we did to him was unacceptable and we’re paying the price with the careless players we have now.
We brought in Sarri and he basically treated Mandzukic like unwanted garbage, while flopping badly as a coach. Our attack sucked, our defence was even worse, and we lost our grinta and winning mentality last year. And that’s only gotten worse this year with a coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing because he has zero experience and guys like Arthur and Rabiot leading our midfield who seem like they can’t give two shits to actually be professionals and put effort in.

Thank fuck we have a couple young, hard-working, professional stars who give it their all like De Ligt and Chiesa. Those two should be the backbone on which we build this team going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

@DAiDEViL

https://thesportsrush.com/arthur-me...lasico-due-to-treatment-of-std-infection/?amp

ELXB2MFXsAE4A5F?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

:rofl:

look at this 72m professional football player. and we're surprised that he rarely can play more than 60 minutes.

he's got very good abilities, but it's not a surprise barcelona wanted him out with this attitude. there's a reason why i'd prefer gosens to any south american talent, and we're clearly missing guys like licht and mandzukic: always professional, eyes always on the win. this club needs dedicated warriors more than ever, especially now that chiellini is also set to leave/retire.
:inter:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This idea of “warrior” though is mostly wishful thinking. Football changed and those are a dying breed.

I read an article on an interview with Batistuta the other day where he was talking about how young players today just get too much too quickly and stop giving a shit at an early age. They have no reason to. We have hundreds if not thousand of examples to back that up. They pretty much do what they want because they own their clubs and a contract means shit. This wasn’t just an older guy talking about how his days were better, he’s dead right.

Regarding Licht, well he was done but Manbro still had much to offer. Guy never complained, always gave his all. Played any role. What we did to him was unacceptable and we’re paying the price with the careless players we have now.
We don't really need a team full of warriors per se, but a team that's compatible with present footballing standards. Well rounded high energy players.

Just take a look at Bayern. Two highly athletic fullbacks, two absolute engines in the middle, a couple of pacy wingers and a goal machine upfront. The best teams in Europe have a similar blueprint.

We on the other hand have too many one dimensional players. We look like a team that is built for the 90s, not 2021.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
We don't really need a team full of warriors per se, but a team that's compatible with present footballing standards. Well rounded high energy players.

Just take a look at Bayern. Two highly athletic fullbacks, two absolute engines in the middle, a couple of pacy wingers and a goal machine upfront. The best teams in Europe have a similar blueprint.

We on the other hand have too many one dimensional players. We look like a team that is built for the 90s, not 2021.
Built for the 90s? This squad would be bottom of the table if they were playing calcio in the 90s.
You’re crazy if you think the players back then were one dimensional just because they weren’t horses that do nothing but run like our modern “superstars”. This current squad is just bad.

I agree with the Bayern part. The way they do their business is the way we should be running ours. They’re always packed with talent

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Built for the 90s? This squad would be bottom of the table if they were playing calcio in the 90s.
You’re crazy if you think the players back then were one dimensional just because they weren’t horses that do nothing but run like our modern “superstars”. This current squad is just bad.

I agree with the Bayern part. The way they do their business is the way we should be running ours. They’re always packed with talent
Built for the 90s given the pace of the game. I meant in that sense.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Built for the 90s given the pace of the game. I meant in that sense.
Yeah I got it. Still isn’t totally accurate though. Take some time to rewatch some of the derbies from that era, not the casual bottom of the table matches. Those were fast paced exciting games.

In fact, as Serie A lost its appeal and talented players in the league were far and few between by the late 00’s early 10’s the pace seemed to take a hit as well.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

agreed with most of this post, but not with the first sentence. there are plenty of grinta filled young players, in fact we have 3 of them (demiral, de ligt and chiesa). too bad demiral is kinda dumb in decision making and general awareness of what's going on around him on the pitch, and pretty unreliable in passing, i'd be very happy with these three guys. barella, kessié are also obvious young fighters, despite their relatively high salaries at a pretty young age. batistuta is right, the tendency is there, but there are gems out there. we should do much better to find those, especially for our midfield.

btw batistuta's observation is accurate unfortunately, and that's the same case in hungarian football. i have a friend who's a goalie coach in király gábor's (former hertha and nt keeper's) goalie academy, so he's got plenty of intel on footballers. he told me stories about 18-19 year old, unused sub level guys' salaries in the hungarian 1st division, and fucking hell, they are way, way overpaid. they aren't even motivated in trying to get a bundesliga contract, because they are too well paid locally, they shouldn't learn a language, they can keep living the local high life by being some spoiled knobheads sitting on a bench.

anyway, as i said, some gems still exist, and we should do our best to recruit them. as far as i can remember, juve never had such a physically weak, powerless, slow and soft side in the last ~30-odd years. this needs to change.

and yeah, the way we handled mandzukic was shameful and dumb at the same time. giving him an extension, then a couple of months later, trying to get rid of him is simply bad management.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Imagine as a worker at a new job you get fined for being an idiot and the entire company knows...then you get injured and can't work for almost 2 weeks after the fine.

LOL

Bravo Paratici

- - - Updated - - -

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Imagine as a worker at a new job you get fined for being an idiot and the entire company knows...then you get injured and can't work for almost 2 weeks after the fine.

LOL

Bravo Paratici

- - - Updated - - -

And imagine not caring cuz you're having fun and still getting paid! :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur Endless Nightmare Melo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tici :lol:

Obviously we fans probably had no idea how shitty off the field this guy is, but, then again that's not our job..It's Tici's responsibility.

Well done Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)