Arthur (11 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Are you talking about a heat map?

5D90B3AE-0840-49B2-84E5-91BC39289F5F.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -
DSz, I seen that one too but this one was directional (lines going from spot to spot in where player is moving)? Maybe that doesn't exist? Probably what I saw was where you see the passes a player makes during the match. I could be completely off!

Anyway, Arthur seems to be constantly moving with the ball but gaining no advantage. Too early for me so giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
He has potential, like everyone is saying, so give it time. Pirlo was even outspoken about the things everyone is talking about. Over time he will improve.

Jun 16, 2020
Pirlo had some true words about Arthur in the post match interview. Saying that it’s visible that he comes from La Liga/Barca and that he’s used to dribbling with the ball and making short passes, they’ll have to work to change it. Personally I don’t like that he has no pace. Could become dangerous in this formation.

He’s good under pressure and shielding the ball. We could use that in the future. After all, if 2 of our opponents press him, there’s room somewhere on the pitch to exploit.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he can't pass forward if the two forwards that love running with the ball aren't available lmao.

wait till dybala and ronaldo are back. we will see a more positive arthur when he has some attacking options

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
He is good technically and very safe with the ball - can't get the ball of him. Probably takes too much time with the ball - lots of skill going backwards when a simple pass is easier perhaps. Would like to see him take some risks on vertical passes. But I am sure he can fix that part of his game with coaching. Key is that he has the technical ability for sure.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He is good technically and very safe with the ball - can't get the ball of him. Probably takes too much time with the ball - lots of skill going backwards when a simple pass is easier perhaps. Would like to see him take some risks on vertical passes. But I am sure he can fix that part of his game with coaching. Key is that he has the technical ability for sure.
I agree here. Furthermore I feel like he's so technically good that he should be able to sometimes dribble past his opponent and advance further up the pitch instead of maybe passing sideways.

Although I have to say that watching Matuidi, Pjanic and the rest constantly pass sideways under Sarri makes Arthur look like prime Pirlo.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You'd just be silly to write him off so soon. New league, new club, still quite young.

I know almost nothing about the guy save a few highlight reels. He doesn't seem to me at all like a regista. What I was expecting was that he'd play on either side of a three-man midfield and play an Isco-type role. He can dribble, hold onto the ball - he's given himself plenty of opportunities to show us that, dribbling aimlessly back into our penalty area before finally deciding to pass - but it looks like he depends on having his mates around him to play off.

That's what Pjanic was like at Roma before we forced him into becoming a regista. Why do we buy these types of players and force them deep? Pjanic adapted well but he would have made a better attacking contribution had he been properly utilised.

There are two acceptable types of regista - the creative Pirlo, Xavi Alonso type and the defensive Mascherano, Busquet, Thiago Motta type. Why pick slow, weak, defensively inept players with a short range of passing for this role?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He hasn't settled yet, once builds the trust with teammates we will see more quicker passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)