Arthur - CM - Barcelona (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Pretty good transfer all things considered. We’re getting rid of a 30 year old who hasn’t performed at the top level for us for a long time, for a 23 year old, who might have some issues with injuries/character, but has a potentially big upside. From what I’ve seen of him at Barca, he seems more of a midfielder that Sarri would prefer in his midfield than Pjanic. Arthur seems very comfortable on the ball, great passing, hard to dispossess and can play in a variety if midfield positions.

We definitely came out the winner in this swap deal imo. Plusvalenza or not.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dat dere Rabiot and Ramsey style contract :baus: :tup:
Don’t put Ramsey and Rabiot in the same bracket.

Injuries aside, Ramsey is a very good player and extremely useful player who provides plenty of goals. Rabiot, who I admittedly, had higher hopes for, has been a massive flop and doesn’t deserve his wages or even a place in this team currently.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He seems very comfortable on the ball. Pjanic always seemed uncomfortable when holding onto the ball for long periods of time. He seemed to struggle as regista. I think Arthur will be better in this respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think he’s been signed to play as the regista. For me, he’ll play as a B2B midfielder, with hopefully Bentancur playing infront of the defence.

But yeh, he can definitely play as a regista or in a two-man midfield. Opens up our options.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Pretty good transfer all things considered. We’re getting rid of a 30 year old who hasn’t performed at the top level for us for a long time, for a 23 year old, who might have some issues with injuries/character, but has a potentially big upside. From what I’ve seen of him at Barca, he seems more of a midfielder that Sarri would prefer in his midfield than Pjanic. Arthur seems very comfortable on the ball, great passing, hard to dispossess and can play in a variety if midfield positions.

We definitely came out the winner in this swap deal imo. Plusvalenza or not.
It still need to be seen. This is like Bonucci - Caldara swap between us and Milan. Caldara came from a strong season in Atalanta, while Bonucci wasn't at his very best in Milan.

People think Milan came as a winner. They have younger and talented CB while we have Bonucci who already 31, high wage

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Looking from this perspective : In another year, if Pjanic underperform. He will not becoming an asset, more a liability just like what happen with Higuain.
No clubs want to buy him and burden our wage bills. Maybe we will terminate his contract just to save our wage bills ( and we also paying some money for terminating)

So getting Arthur, young midfielder with potential. I am feeling like having 2 Bentancur in our midfield. And that only for 10 million that can be paid by different of wages with Pjanic. And if in 2 or 3 years when we sell Arthur for like 70-80 millions and Barca just let Pjanic go to MLS, Chinese, Qatar for free we can know who the winner in this trasfer dealing

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc he isn't finished. Whole team is shit and he blended in it. He'll move somewhere and play well again.

Also:

- Aouar for 50m or Matuidi + money
- Partey for 50m release clause
- Tonali for 30-35m
- Ndombele on loan + option to buy

All much better that this.

Not to mention more complicated deals like Pogba.
I hope 1 of them will come later

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I can't really comment on the player, but from a purely transfer fee perspective the deal is fantastic, i dont know wtf Barca are thinking with Pjanic, i don't think he is done, but he is 30.

I see alot of salty barca fans on reddit so im guessing they rate Arthur

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don’t put Ramsey and Rabiot in the same bracket.

Injuries aside, Ramsey is a very good player and extremely useful player who provides plenty of goals. Rabiot, who I admittedly, had higher hopes for, has been a massive flop and doesn’t deserve his wages or even a place in this team currently.
I'm not comparing them Bro. I just think they're both on crazy wages tbh. Ramsey is definitely a superior player, but, just like Costa, his ability to stay fit and injury free is a concern.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ramsey-Bentancur-Arthur
:snoop:
We need more. That's a good midfield, but still not where we need to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Will the new tax law be applied to Arthur?
I think so. He's coming from a club outside Italy, so it should.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't really comment on the player, but from a purely transfer fee perspective the deal is fantastic, i dont know wtf Barca are thinking with Pjanic, i don't think he is done, but he is 30.

I see alot of salty barca fans on reddit so im guessing they rate Arthur
:shifty: :snoop: :numnum:

- - - Updated - - -

i hope he becomes Juve's next great Brazilian
Who was our last? :D Emerson? :boh: :numnum:

I honestly regret we never got Pele or The Original Ronaldo :sad: :sigh:

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We need goalkeeper, fullback,, winger and striker rejuve
Another CM, a striker and a FB are a must for the remainder of this window.

Goalkeeper can wait, Szczesny is fantastic and will be our starting goalkeeper for the next 4-5 years easily and I’m pretty sure Buffon will stay for one more season and tbh he still looks like a top 10-15 keeper in the world, even at 42 years of age which is crazy.

Jul 13, 2010
Imagine he signs his papers and Pjanic does not for whatever reason. Brainfart let's say. Are there any insurance against these things? It's like buying something on Craigslist - first you give money or take the stuff and run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)