Arthur - CM - Barcelona (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I know they are pr stunts. I don't care about the pleasantries. But it's easy to mock that outright lie (it's a dream to come here) when he spent a month rejecting the move.
Probably will talk more along the lines of "this is a big club with ambitions to win everything" ya da yada blah blah and "I'm good friends with Douglas Costa, Danilo and Alex Sandro, and I'll give it my all"

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I think people are misinterpreting his desire to remain at Barca. It’s more than likely he wants to stay to prove his quality. It probably isn’t about not wanting to come to Juve at all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he accepted the first offer we made, he would probably be earning 2mln less.
Contract negotiations is fine, but media has been reporting for near month that he does not want to come to Juve at all, that he needs major convincing and it takes alot just to persuade him to entertain the idea. Usually dont care about media fluff, but it's kinda ridiculous when it's a players that's nothing special really.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Fabrizio Romano: Arthur has now agreed to join Juventus. Miralem Pjanic will join Barcelona as part of a swap deal, with Juve paying an additional €10m.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I think that Barcelona will improve with Pjanic in the midfield.
I don’t see how he fits unless he plays in a different role from the one he has been playing throughout his Juve career. They already have Busquets and Frenkie De Jong for that holding role which means he either plays LCM or RCM. Currently, I guess they only have Vidal or Roberto for those places so a midfield of DeJong - Busquets -Pjanic/Rakitic/Vidal doesn’t look too bad although 4 out of 5 of those are over 30.

Barca reportedly sanctioned this whole operation to be in positives before the end of the financial year, by getting Arthur off their books as they’re struggling. This is supposedly why they’ll wait till after June 30 (end of financial year) to sign Pjanic. Financially tactical move from both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)