Arsenal (2 Viewers)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I really wish they would mess up in the Champions League. All the commentators and pundits over here are so smug. They are desperate for an English side to win it again. But what's English about Arsenal? About two or three players! Even the style cannot be considered English. This club could have been set up in any country. It's very frustrating.

They were the better side tonight but I think they will struggle to be honest.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
every side will strugle. i just cant see anyone winning easily this year. just too many competitive teams. common grands of football are joined by the likes of roma, chelsea, porto etc who arent a walkover really.

as for arsenal. my fav english team really. what can i do that they're not exactly english? you dont expect me to root for chelsea, do you?

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    every side will strugle. i just cant see anyone winning easily this year. just too many competitive teams. common grands of football are joined by the likes of roma, chelsea, porto etc who arent a walkover really.

as for arsenal. my fav english team really. what can i do that they're not exactly english? you dont expect me to root for chelsea, do you?
    Heck, not Chelsea no :)

Liverpool must be the only respectable choice left. No...wait they don't have many English players either.

They said on the coverage Arsenal play better away from home. I'm not surprised considering their pitch is so narrow.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    All the commentators and pundits over here are so smug. They are desperate for an English side to win it again.
    Great. More wanking over the supposed (read: wishful) superiority of English football.

Didn't that concept die, oh, say 50 years ago???

River

Jun 15, 2004
    They are still an english club with english fans who make money for english directors and raise the profile of the english league.

Not english at all heh :D

And although its impossible to say who will win it, i think the old Arsenal failure curse could end this year. I expect them to do reasonably well

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    They are still an english club with english fans who make money for english directors and raise the profile of the english league.

And although its impossible to say who will win it, i think the old Arsenal failure curse could end this year. I expect them to do reasonably well
    That curse doesn't go away easily River. :D

They will make the Quarterfinals probably, but the bus stops here. :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
    If they make it that far whats the stop them going further? But anyways like i told you, this is Chelseas CL ;)

Or if they dont win they will atleast go further than Juve. heheheh

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah whats to stop them? I don't know, maybe the likes of Barcelona, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, and Valencia? Not to mention Chelsea. ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Arsenal for me is the club which I feel the most spite for. I don't like Man U and Real either, but most of my friends are Arsenal fans, and they take Arsenal's performances in the Premier League as a universal measuring stick for their universal credibility. "We scored _ goals in _ matches".

Well woop dee doo, that must've been real difficult against world class opposition like Norwich and an Everton side that sold their whole squad from last season.

Not to mention all the bandwagon fans who claim to 'support' Arsenal. I don't mind some of them, because the more knowledgable fans understand that they've sucked in Europe for a long time, and that Premier League defences are generally weaker than other leagues...

I was talking to a so-called Arsenal fan who noticed my Juve jersey and said "Juventus suck, Arsenal are :blah: Have you heard about that new competition with Real Madrid and AC Milan it it aswell? I think Arsenal's gonna win it".

New competition? :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

That said, if Arsenal win the CL, it'll prove that the standard of French football is getting better :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I was talking to a so-called Arsenal fan who noticed my Juve jersey and said "Juventus suck, Arsenal are :blah: Have you heard about that new competition with Real Madrid and AC Milan it it aswell? I think Arsenal's gonna win it".

:LOL: :rofl:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Was he talking about next year's Amsterdam Tournament? :undecide:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Arsenal for me is the club which I feel the most spite for. I don't like Man U and Real either, but most of my friends are Arsenal fans, and they take Arsenal's performances in the Premier League as a universal measuring stick for their universal credibility. "We scored _ goals in _ matches".

Well woop dee doo, that must've been real difficult against world class opposition like Norwich and an Everton side that sold their whole squad from last season.

Not to mention all the bandwagon fans who claim to 'support' Arsenal. I don't mind some of them, because the more knowledgable fans understand that they've sucked in Europe for a long time, and that Premier League defences are generally weaker than other leagues...

:wth: New competition? :LOL:

Theres not as many Arsenal fans here, but the plethora of Man U fans here act in the same fashion. Barring my former high school coach, who would never talk crap about other sides and his own. This type of "hype" certain;y gets on my nerves, as many people have the same disgusting attitude towards Juve or haven't even heard of them. Thats just pathetic. Last week I met another Chelsea fan who called our team "cheapskates who won't win anything again, and again next season". :rolleyes: This same guy was wearing a Beckham England shirt. :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Was he talking about next year's Amsterdam Tournament? :undecide:
    I highly doubt it
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Last week I met another Chelsea fan who called our team "cheapskates who won't win anything again, and again next season". :rolleyes: This same guy was wearing a Beckham England shirt. :D
    :LOL:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Last week I met another Chelsea fan who called our team "cheapskates who won't win anything again, and again next season". :rolleyes: This same guy was wearing a Beckham England shirt. :D
    Hehe :D

Jan 7, 2004

i leave in canada. people here play hockey. dont complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)