Arsenal chief meets Juventus officials (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Is a 1:1 ratio of tackles to fouls a good statistic? I'm not really sure..
That statistic refers to tackles lost. He won 42 tackles and all 43 that he lost resulted in a foul. That means that not once did he miss a tackle and have the attacker pass him by.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

That statistic refers to tackles lost. He won 42 tackles and all 43 that he lost resulted in a foul. That means that not once did he miss a tackle and have the attacker pass him by.
id be pretty happy with that as a defender, whats the point in a defender who "lets" people go by??

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

sal, dont be biased, please.....sol deserves far more respect than that.....he is far and away better than all of theseguys put together right now....lilian and monty were amazing, but right now are a shadow of themselves, and lilian is one of my all time favs.
Yeah. Could be bias. I mean, he does play for Arsenal after all. And that fact alone could make me hate him for an entire lifetime :D

But aside from that - I'm not saying he's the world's worst defender or anything, but I just think he won't improve things much in Juventus. Kinda like Zebina. I mean, an improvement nontheless, but nothing new really, and that's not what we want right now.

Jul 28, 2002
i think u deeply underestimate sol's ability....imo he is one of the best out there....but thats my opinion.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Mine too. Campbell is a class defender and even though he might not be right for us he's still a top knotch player.

Jul 28, 2002
lets get this straight, im agaisnt us siging cambell, but i will back up the idea he is a top class defender.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Is a 1:1 ratio of tackles to fouls a good statistic? I'm not really sure..
not every lost tackle is a foul. how many times defenders esp. like campbell give away fouls when they're upfront for corners and freekicks? better example england - portugal quarterfinal. :D

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Mine too. Campbell is a class defender and even though he might not be right for us he's still a top knotch player.
whoa, when even stu agrees sol's a top defenders then all of you non-believers go to american juve thread and stay there

Jun 4, 2004
Campbell is a fantastic player, uses his strength to ease players of the ball, good timing at tackiling, and those who question his pace; did anyone watch the premiership last season :confused: He's certainly better than Legro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)