Arsenal chief meets Juventus officials (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Campbell is better than nothing. whoelse are we rumoured to as centre backs?? only Cannavaro, and he is 31 years of age anyway. almost two years older than campbell.

Campbell provides the defence with strength and height, and he is world class. along thuram, its a very good central pairing. Whether its Cannavaro or Campbell, they are both good. who knows, maybe both can join.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
we should be lucky if we sign campbell. it is no coincidence or fluke that arsenal went unbeaten for a whole season with an average goalkeeper.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Someone mentioned earlier that Campbell is a careless tackler and is prone to yellow cards. 35 games 2 yellow cards and one red. i beg to differ.

Premiership stats*
Appearances 35
Minutes Played 3150

AttackingShots On Target: 2
Shots Off Target: 7
Blocked Shots: 0
Offside: 58

SupportingTotal Passes: 250
Completed Passes: 164
Incomplete Passes: 86
Total Dribbles: 3
Successful Dribbles: 3

DefendingTotal Tackles: 85
Tackles Won: 42
Tackles Lost: 43
Interceptions: 64
Shots Blocked: 18
Clearances: 63
Fouls: 43

DisciplinesYellow Cards: 2
Red Cards 1

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
43 fouls over 35 games. thats approximately 6 fouls every 5 games or 1.28 fouls per game. that doesnt sound too bad.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Fair enough, but you didn't really answer my question ;) Maybe he just doesn't go for enough challenges :)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
i watched alot of arsenal last season. what i like about campbell, is that he uses alot of his body to take down the opposing player without commiting a foul. he uses his size as a great advantage. i think playing under Wenger is a great advantage too.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
the ratio is 2:1. as long as these fouls are not resulting in yellow cards or goal threatining situations, then foul till the cows come home.

Jul 28, 2002
has anyone ever watched arsenal and sol???

they jus finished the season unbeaten, which is something astounding for the crash bang whallop league.

their top defender, sol, is a sure reason why they didnt loose a game, he made them rock solid at the back....there is no way u can doubt his technical ability as a defender, so in a footballing term, he woul dbe great.

Financially , he wouldnt.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
i find it so hard to understand why people do not appreciate sol campbell. i agree with john #10, he knows what hes talking about

Aug 1, 2003
Holy shyte man, if this is Juve's idea of saving the club - Buying sol campbell - I'd die of shock. Sol Campbell ? How stupid can we get ? He's not what we need, hell he's not even half the decent player Montero/Ferrara/Thuram/ourcurrentdefenders were(are). Let this not happen. PLEASE.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Holy shyte man, if this is Juve's idea of saving the club - Buying sol campbell - I'd die of shock. Sol Campbell ? How stupid can we get ? He's not what we need, hell he's not even half the decent player Montero/Ferrara/Thuram/ourcurrentdefenders were(are). Let this not happen. PLEASE.

he is double of ferrara, montero and iuliano put together on a good day, when montero is not even playing coz of a red card.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
sal, dont be biased, please.....sol deserves far more respect than that.....he is far and away better than all of theseguys put together right now....lilian and monty were amazing, but right now are a shadow of themselves, and lilian is one of my all time favs.

Jul 19, 2003
If only we had paid the peanuts' worth of van Buyten.........I'll try to stop beating it on the head but I'm fvckin bitter. :irritate:

Hopefully Zebina and Legro step up and prove they're good enough for the job.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stripper ] ++
i find it so hard to understand why people do not appreciate sol campbell. i agree with john #10, he knows what hes talking about
cheer dude :D...btw, top notch sig :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)