Arsenal chief meets Juventus officials (2 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
in the last two competitions engerland have been involved in, sol campbell has undoubtedly been one of the best defenders in, in the euros he was head and shoulders above all others, even nesta.

If he came to us it would be a sure fire sealing of the defence, his age and cost will be my only worry.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mike Da Don ] ++
Hes in the last year of his contract so he wont cost a huge ammount, i hope this rumour comes true hes a class player
he's a good player. but he's a little bit old. we need some young players.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
yea we need young quality CB's but the thing is Roma have bought them all!!!

Na seriously i hope that we get Ujfalusi and Campbell, Campbell is what 29? and Uja is about 26 or sumfin like that, theyve both got a few years left in them, it just means tht we will have 2 snap up the next promising youngster in the future, easier said than done....

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
My gut feeling says no to Campbell.:D.
Adapting to another league at the age of 29 is difficult for any player never mind defender which requires a lot of communication and understanding. And given the lack of success of British player in Serie A and Campbell is exact prototype, I have uneasy feeling about his signing.
I am not the biggest fan of Thomas Ujfalusi either but there doesnt seem to be many choices available. I wonder given Burdisso signing whether Ivan Cordova is availabe. Similar but better player than Campbell IMO, and probably less cost as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
I would choose them over Campbell anyday. He constantly fouls, he's clumsy, he always has to foul when he heads and for crying out loud his positioning is a disgrace. How on earth do you even dare calling Campbell an excellent centre?
Thats exactly right. If this signing is made I will truly start to question the job Moggi is doing. :groan:

And he's gonna be 30? This is unbelievable.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

he's a good player. but he's a little bit old. we need some young players.
29 years old is nothing for a class defender like him. He is a big gorilla so i dont think he will be physical reduced by the first 5 years.

But personally i dont want him.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
I think he is very good, but I think we wont buy him cause his wage, the diffence between the two footbal cultures ect.

I got a feeling that these two are meeting about another player (no, not Wiltord) but I dont dare to write it down, cause it's no reality just my "spider instinct" keeps on saying it to me....

OP
JUVESUPPORTER

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    Juve warn Campbell
    Juventus won’t sign Arsenal stopper Sol Campbell unless he reduces his salary. The central defender has been linked with the Bianconeri but his reported £100,000 a week demands will not be met.

channel4.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    bah.he's gonna be a really expensive mistake i tell ya.he's never gonna be good enough for serie a standards.he lacks finesse,vision,anticipation and most of all pace.

we have enough slow,over the hill defenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)