Armand Traoré (11 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm an Arsenal fan and i've watched almost all our games in the past few seasons. Armand Traore is an extremely poor defender. Maybe your Arsenal fan friends are just biased.

Wenger rarely played him last season, he only played him when we had most of our backline injured, but when he did play, he was quite poor.
I think he rarely used by Wenger, Fred.. Apart from the chance he play in Carling Cup.. He is comes up to Arsenal senior squad like 3 seasons ago, right. And at that time he was just 17/18 years old.. At the time Clichy played his best and Clichy rarely get injured back then (after Clichy recovered from his long bad injury before IIRC)

And now he still 20 years old and got into France U-21 squad.. I still there still a hope he can turn out good.. That's why Marotta took a gamble on this kid

May 24, 2009
medical fitness team needs to be fired. unbelievable! how can a 20 year old professional athlete suffer from a muscle injury that takes him out a whole month? only upside is that I don't think he would have played even if he was healthy...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Prove that it is our medical staff's fault. Every time someone gets injured around here, the medical staff is blamed. Where is the evidence? Where is the malpractice?

Traore has had several injuries in the past. Some of these matters you can't control.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Prove that it is our medical staff's fault. Every time someone gets injured around here, the medical staff is blamed. Where is the evidence? Where is the malpractice?

Traore has had several injuries in the past. Some of these matters you can't control.
Agreed. We turned over the med staff in the summer, and Traore was carrying an injury when we signed him. When you're trying to push yourself to be fit too soon and favoring an injury, it's easy to over compensate with other muscles, etc., and one injury can easily turn into a totally different one.

This could be totally unrelated, but either way, we certainly can't be blaming the medical staff yet.

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=68976

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I think he rarely used by Wenger, Fred.. Apart from the chance he play in Carling Cup.. He is comes up to Arsenal senior squad like 3 seasons ago, right. And at that time he was just 17/18 years old.. At the time Clichy played his best and Clichy rarely get injured back then (after Clichy recovered from his long bad injury before IIRC)

And now he still 20 years old and got into France U-21 squad.. I still there still a hope he can turn out good.. That's why Marotta took a gamble on this kid
He was a panic buy, plain and simple. Marotta needed a left back to "show" the fans he "did" his job, and Traore wanted to play. Bingo, bango, bongo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

He played in the last 5-6 games of last season mate, in the league when we had all our leftbacks injured. He was as poor as he was the seasons before. He can't defend to save his life.

Not to mention that he went to Portsmouth the season before that and flopped there too. The guy has been poor throughout his professional career. I really can't see him turning it all around all of a sudden.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Just playing devils advocate here but if he NEVER played and ONLY had a chance when ALL of the backline was injured, then who could expect him to A.) play well with rarely any consistent game time and B.) be motivated knowing there is no faith in you?

:analcanon:

Just trying to show two sides of the same coin. I haven't seen him play once, so naturally I am excited because that's just me but I can't argue either way so I am just trying to maybe see how that might have affected (or effected :shifty: ) his performances.
That was last season, in the seasons before we tried playing him when he was supposedly a promising player, and everytime he played he was extremely mediocre. He went to Portsmouth and played for a significant period of time, and he flopped over there too. Plus, injury crisis or not, you can obviously see his lack of intelligence in defending, his atrocious positioning and his overall poor defensive game, once he gets the chance to play for Juve, you will see what i mean.

Theres one thing you should know about Wenger, he rarely gives up on a youngster, unless he has lost complete faith in him, and that only happpens in cases where the player has absolutely no future.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

:agree:

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
In every club having a training injury or two every month is normal, and doesn't have to be med's fault, but in our club its way more than that and it doesn't look like a coincidence

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
In every club having a training injury or two every month is normal, and doesn't have to be med's fault, but in our club its way more than that and it doesn't look like a coincidence
Man, give them a bit of time before judging, they were all switched in the summer. Or you want to switch medics after a month??

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Wouldnt mind seeing what he has to offer a LW...wouldnt mind having someone who can at least do half of what krasic does on the right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)