Arkadiusz Milik - ST - Napoli (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Talks continuing for Milik. Juve have an agreement with the striker and are now working with Napoli to find a solution. Higuain and Khedira will leave Juventus and Douglas Costa may also go this summer. [Sky via @TUTTOJUVE_COM]

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Milik won't be a depth option imo, he will start.
that's an option too, but in that case, pirlo is facing a difficult task of fielding all of cr, dybala and milik, plus making the team defend properly without the meaningful contribution of these 3.

dybala, cr and mandzukic was a better trio than the one with milik (or higuain for that matter)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How would we play? Ronaldo - Milik - Dybala? I somehow doubt that.

Signing Milik makes me wonder. I doubt we'd sign him to sit on our bench, that's for sure. I also doubt he'd sit on our bench. Having said that, Milik links "make sense" if we're selling Ronaldo or Dybala. But then again, if we do sell one of them (which we should not), we should defo find a better player than Milik imo.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
How would we play? Ronaldo - Milik - Dybala? I somehow doubt that.

Signing Milik makes me wonder. I doubt we'd sign him to sit on our bench, that's for sure. I also doubt he'd sit on our bench. Having said that, Milik links "make sense" if we're selling Ronaldo or Dybala. But then again, if we do sell one of them (which we should not), we should defo find a better player than Milik imo.
Milik could be a focal point of the attack – wining longballs, playing with his back to the goal, keeping the ball, dishing it to the sides, and running for crosses, and with that creating a depth that both Dybala and CR can use. Atm, there is no one to keep central defenders honest. If CR is in the middle – CBs play him 2 to 1 and he is shut. If he is on a side – they play a bit higher, closer to midfield and there is no place for CR and Dybala to operate. At least this can be the case for 433, and it's up to Pirlo to make this work and not to get overrun.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Milik could be a focal point of the attack – wining longballs, playing with his back to the goal, keeping the ball, dishing it to the sides, and running for crosses, and with that creating a depth that both Dybala and CR can use. Atm, there is no one to keep central defenders honest. If CR is in the middle – CBs play him 2 to 1 and he is shut. If he is on a side – they play a bit higher, closer to midfield and there is no place for CR and Dybala to operate. At least this can be the case for 433, and it's up to Pirlo to make this work and not to get overrun.
It's not like it doesn't make sense. But then again, we have no depth to play such thing. We should sell Higuain. If that happens we barely have anyone to replace them, let alone at that quality level.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It's not like it doesn't make sense. But then again, we have no depth to play such thing. We should sell Higuain. If that happens we barely have anyone to replace them, let alone at that quality level.
Well, we don't have the depth to play anything basically, DC is dead, Berna is weird, Higuain is basically a fat useless body, so there is only Dybala, CR and Kulu.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Based on what? Milik has accepted to rotate for years at Napoli. He surely will not think that he will have an easier time are Juve.

We cant go into the season with Dybala as our only CF. So if Higuain leaves (he should) then someone like Milik would ideal for a rotation role.

If the starters are Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski then there will be plenty of playing time for Milik. Kulu cant be expected to start every game at his age, neither can Ronaldo for opposite reasons, and with Dybala's profile we will at times need to change the tactics by bringing the traditional CF for him.

So we definitely need another striking option. Milik fits this role.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Based on what? Milik has accepted to rotate for years at Napoli. He surely will not think that he will have an easier time are Juve.
Why is it relevant at all?
CR and Dybala need someone to do the dirty work, and CR strives when he plays on the right + there is a big body somewhere around who can distract defenders. Otherwise, it's all cutting to the middle and shooting to the stands.
I am not saying Milik is good enough or bad enough, but he might start.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Why is it relevant at all?
CR and Dybala need someone to do the dirty work, and CR strives when he plays on the right + there is a big body somewhere around who can distract defenders. Otherwise, it's all cutting to the middle and shooting to the stands.
I am not saying Milik is good enough or bad enough, but he might start.
I misread your comment. I thought you had written that Milik wont want to be a depth option.

Yes, I agree with you. I'd expect him to start a lot. We are talking of only 4 players for 3 positions at the moment. Where one is a 36 yo and is a 20 yo. So there has to be plenty of rotation and time for everyone.

I've said it before, I think Milik's profile suits striking partners very well. He is very good for combining while occupying defenders. A more technical, less physical, profile as Mandzukic. IMO both CR and Dybala would enjoying playing next to such a player. It creates space and opportunities for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)