Arkadiusz Milik - ST - Napoli (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
There's a difference, we already own them. If Demiral has reoccurring problems or has lost it (hopefully not), we'll have to part ways since its not sustainable. For de Ligt its not as bad as having a problem to his leg

Besides going for increased risk is not a good idea when you have the choice. What good is it to have squad prone to injuries.
Yes, we own them. That's as far as the difference goes. We can sell them, recoup and use the money. So that's basically the same financial risk.

Again, you're saying Zaniolo is prone to injuries when he had 1 injury...?

Anyways, I guess there are many guys with better medical knowledge than my 8 year college studies...

- - - Updated - - -

Of the 684 players from the Swedish National Knee Ligament Registry that participated in the study 51% returned to football, 32% to the same or higher level and 18% to a lower level than before the injury. For the 49% that did not return to football 32% did so primarily due to reasons related to the operated knee and the remaining 17% quit primarily for reasons unrelated to the knee injury. The most common knee-related reasons for not returning were pain and/or instability (16%), followed by fear of reinjury (10%).

Of the players who returned to football, 28.7% (odds ratio [OR] 2.3, p < .001) reported that they had additional ACL injury, 9.7% (OR 2.9, p < .001) had a graft failure and 20.6% (OR 2.1, p < .001) had a contralateral ACL injury.
Again; what does this actually say according to you because it has no control group whatsoever. Basically useless to begin with.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yes, we own them. That's as far as the difference goes. We can sell them, recoup and use the money. So that's basically the same financial risk.

Anyways, I guess there are many guys with better medical knowledge than my 8 year college studies...
Nobody's saying they have better medical knowledge or that you're wrong. You definitely know more than me, but there are other experts who have different views to yours. Is it okay to discuss it or nah?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Nobody's saying they have better medical knowledge or that you're wrong. You definitely know more than me, but there are other experts who have different views to yours. Is it okay to discuss it or nah?
Of course pal. Not referring to you. But there is a massive gap between regional or elite sports rehab. You'd need to look for elite literature.

As I said; the biggest threat is having had it before. There's no denying that. But there something of a 2-3% re-injury rate. That's it. I'd buy a lottery ticket with a 97% chance of winning.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Its not the same, again. We won't get back all our money if the risks are confirmed. No clubs is going to touch that.

Never said Zaniolo is prone to injuries, I said he's a risk.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Its not the same, again. We won't get back all our money if the risks are confirmed. No clubs is going to touch that.

Never said Zaniolo is prone to injuries, I said he's a risk.
But everyone has an injury risk actually. I'd take the (small) gamble. I can understand why anyone wouldn't but he's not necessarily an injury prone player. I stand corrected if you didn't mean that! That's what medicals are for by the way.

I think Demiral and De Ligt would easily fetch more than what we bought them for. But they're our future hopefully.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We may think we're getting this guy as a backup, but he will inevitably get a lot of playing time (once his knees hold up) since Dybala is not a CF and neither is Ronaldo.

And it will probably be at the cost of Dybala hitting the bench regularly lol.

Instead of playing with a third tier CF and having Juventini and Dybala pissed off, might as well sell Dybala and get a top CF. Fuck this halfway shit.
Which top CF is available that we could sign that would lessen the blow of losing Dybala?

Maybe we are forced to go the 'halfway shit' way because there arent too many ideal options the market?..

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
How
Which top CF is available that we could sign that would lessen the blow of losing Dybala?

Maybe we are forced to go the 'halfway shit' way because there arent ideal options the market?..
How am I supposed to know who's available or not? Hmm let's say that Mexican wolves guy. I mean we could use that logic to justify any signing.

I'd rather lose Dybala and end up with more cash at the end of it than signing Milik amd Dybala making 25 minutes cameos every week

rainhard

May 5, 2004

Maybe we are forced to go the 'halfway shit' way because there arent too many ideal options the market?..
We can find young players that can play as CF and at least one of both wings (if he can play anywhere upfront that will be great). As this young player will accept bench role as a CF, but we can use this player to rotate for wingers too

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't plan like that though. We will end up giving Dybala lucrative extension then sign Milik so Sarri will be forced to play all three at once and the team will be unbalanced as fuck.
Thats hyperbole tho. Sarri had Milik in Napoli, and Mertens as false 9 Dybala type, and he started the latter majority of the time.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Thats hyperbole tho. Sarri had Milik in Napoli, and Mertens as false 9 Dybala type, and he started the latter majority of the time.
Which most probably would happen here too. That would be fine. Dybala as a starter, Milik to step in when needed.

Just get the price right and don't tell me he's getting 5m per year. That would be a joke.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
wasn't it the first season of milik, when they sold higuain to replace him with the polak, who got injured right at the start of the campaign though? and mertens was doing great in that false 9 role, so sarri had no reason to play milik too much when he finally recovered.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
wasn't it the first season of milik, when they sold higuain to replace him with the polak, who got injured right at the start of the campaign though? and mertens was doing great in that false 9 role, so sarri had no reason to play milik too much when he finally recovered.
Yes, Mertens hadn't played anything but winger up to that point (and backup to Insigne only). But Sarri played him middle and didn't need to look back after (now he is their all time scorer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)