Arkadiusz Milik - ST - Napoli (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And he scores a goal every other game. Had injury problems really only at Napoli, but if we could get him for cheap (LOL we have Paratici) he could be a good signing imo.
He been there for long time now, and besides being just a good backup for most of if he has had minor injury pretty much every other season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we need a 9, i'm okay with that. still, i have 3 things against this signing.
- his injury record + j-medical is a guaranteed train wreck
- even pre corona, milik never was an 50m player, let alone one when his contract expires in a year
- just look at our midfield and say with a straight face that before spending on a proper midfielder finally, we need to buy a cf first. if we swap pjanic for arthur, that's a sideways step in terms of the overall strength of the squad we need to make to balance the books. it's instrumental to actually strengthen the midfield, so bring someone like aouar, pogba, tonali, pellegrini, ferran torres, partey (etc, insert endless list of players who'd actually improve our midfield), and in case we still have some $$$ left, i don't mind milik. but even in that case, 50m for milik on the last year of his contract is a travesty.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Some random journo said Napoli wants 50m for him and Tuz usuals are sure we offered 50m for him

- - - Updated - - -

Intriguing how that train of thoughts works. These brains should be studied, we might discover something.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That should be either a starter for starter money, or a cheap backup.

Not a backup for starter money.
I think its well established we need a new number 9. Haaland is out of the question this summer, whilst milik is not exactly world class by any stretch I think he can do a job for us, a lot will ride on the price yes, same argument I have for my preference for Raul Jimenez, but we are very limited in terms of possible opportunities.

Tbh I'd love to know if morata was available though

Jun 16, 2020
Multiple reports that Milik wants to join. De Laurentiis (for now) is asking 40m and doesn’t want swap deal. I see Paratici waiting this deal out. De Laurentiis will get more nervous by the week and Miliks contract expires next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if we close this later this summer.

Personally I’m not a big fan, but he isn’t a bad player either. It’s just -again- a player with a big history of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)