Are you satisfied?! (1 Viewer)

OP
_JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #61
    hm,strange,I always tought he makes fast brakes? :faq1:
    Well, he doesnt! So get your info straight. I've been following him since his fisrt days in boca, then at barca (where he received a lot of criticism) and then at Villareal. He's a BRILLIANT playmaker, but he slows down the plays. Wich is the main topic of all his critics. Some of those critics hit him and his mother so hard that he decided to leave Argentina team last world cup.:faq1:

"E poi Riquelme è un po’ lento, ha bisogno di un supporto, come gli succedeva con Tacchinardi in Spagna." Gazzetta dello Sport [Today]

If 10m€ is out of proportion for us....then what are we doing in SerieA? :cool:
    His price tag is 15 million Euros. But that's just because nobody's shown interest. You'll see what happens when the first two clubs ask for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I never thought of Riquelme as a quick guy. I think he's clever in that he conserves his energy a lot. Just that times he probably holds back too much.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    come on ..see the bigger picture .. why does lamps having problems with chelsea. its because of the salary. he want more of what is already high. 9mil sounds little for a player like him but his salary will make up for this low price .... plus he is not suited for the current squad and he is english (im not raciest but english players dont play well outside their homeland)

i think the board knows we need a defender more than anything and they will secure it soon

am i satisfied ..... well i will see tham in the newcastle game and then i will give my first judgment :p
    i really it was unrealistic i just wish we could have signed him

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    i think i will remember the 06/07 season for the rest of my life. i liked juve before but i think this is the season that i became a true fan and i realised juve has so much more than any other club. and the players who stayed i will always remember as true juventino. nedved, buffon, and especially del piero the first willingly to fight in the serie B will be remembered by bianconeri fans for all time. Del piero may not be remembered like zidane for his skills, yet i think he will go down in juve history as one of their most beloved players ever. his loyalty and spirit have touched all true bianconeri fans and has already written his name down forever in juve history! overall i am satisfied more by the players who stayed over the players who came.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
    Good job by the management. They kept all the stars and made solid transfers in every category without overspending. Plus no player is old. Andrade is the oldest and 29 is no big deal for a defender. Almiron, Iaquinta, Criscito, Nocerino etc. are all players that want to prove themselves on the big stage and will be very motivated. I think we have a good mix of veterans, established stars and young prospects. Of course there are some risks. I'm not sure about Andrade. He was very good in the past, but had injury problems. I think we need another good defender as his partner. I'm not sure how our midfield will work without a world class destroyer. There are still some doubts and judging will be easier after the first half of the season. But it's fair to say that our management did a good job so far. We will see if this will pay off.
    completely agree
    one more cb and a world class dmf and we will be rocking serie a

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
    I'm 80% Satisfy!

and 20% for:
    - I like someone like Riqulme, Digeo or Van der Vart, ... (creative playmaker) for MidFfied.
    - And a more experienced, leader type player for Center Back.

May 22, 2007
    Sacci says that with all the money Juventus had come up, he would've made better transfers. I agree with him.

1)I want to ask all of you: After you saw the first "aumento di capitale" that raised more than 105 million euros... didnt your eyes lit up?:eek: wasnt the first thing in your minds: BIG TRANSFERS! BIG JUVE! HURRAY!.

2)I mean, we've bought good players... but non of them are great! not after we expected gerard, and hunter and milito and even more.

3)For one reason or another we have settled with a third or 4th option in our transfer talks.... Ranieri, Andrade, Tiago, Almiron, and other young players.

4)My question is... What do you think of this? ARE YOU SATISFIED?
    Ive decided to number your points to make them easier to answer and sorry if other people have saod what I thought but I am too lazy to read everything.

1) We don't buy big, we make big. Trezeguet, Del Piero, Camoranesi all were pretty small in reputation before we got them. I know Nedved wasn't but most of the rest are.

2) Champions League football is a key factor in what we can buy. Barcelona look very good now so Milito decided that he wanted to do well in Europe which is obviously more then he can win this season with us.

3) These were not 3rd or 4th option players. We have strengthened our midfield and we are looking to get another defender. This also has a link with my number 1 point aswell.

4) I am satisfied. What do you expect us to do without European football? Inter have a great squad (I still hate them though) and are obvious favourites to win. After our demotion we lost a lot of key players and to get promoted then to get into the top 4 would be a great achievement for us. Next summer will be the place when we buy maybe 2 players who are big if we have Champions League football.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    As a Juve fan, i m not that satisfied, i want the best for Juve and our current situation is very far from that. I feel that our managers and owners have the obligation to bring back this club where it belongs to be, they were unable to protect Moggi or avoid our relegation, now the ought to fix things. Juventus is destined to be one of the protagonists in Italy one way or another. We have no financial power or influence anymore, our only option would be to create the most competitive team on the field, by far,
    if we want to compete with the other powerful Milan teams. To create a competitive team, it needs time and a lot of cash. We have neither, we are destined to fail that task if our owners do not invest big money in the next year. If they dont, we will always be third because the Milan based clubs will always be a few steps ahead of us. IMHO the owners have done little to help our team make the vast leap we have to do(so far).

As a realist now, i didnt expect any better than that, the Agnelli family would like to keep the control of Juve even if we wont be able to compete for the championship the next decade, an occasional runner up position would satisfy the fans and keep em rolling.
    They chose not to invest much more than the previous years, not to take any major risks, build a decent squad competitive for the CL positions and probable invest more the next year (i hope) , when our income and negotiation position, will allow us to make better choices, having even more options available.
    It is a wise choice, firm on our 5 year plan, the players we have bought now combined with 3 world class players next year could form a very competitive squad on the field. On the same time our staff is working in our image re-creation, hopefully new facilities and a partially re-constructed stadium too, might attract more interest of fans and sponsors. At this rate we will slowly but surely become stronger and able to raise a competitive squad in the next 2-3 years.
    For the moment we are competitive for our real target (position 3-4) and if we add another CB in our squad, i think we are, a sure bet for those positions!
    I will be deeply dissapointed if we dont invest 100mil, for transfers, next year though, that would betray our plan and will just stall time.
    Starting from next year, we might start having some tittle hopes,
    but to reach there, we must cover the huge gap, there is, between us and our direct adversaries.
    Juve wasnt buying world class players every year, because it never was as crucial as it is now. We have never been in a similar situation before, we need to react,
    we need to make more and bigger transfers sometime in the future if we ever want to catch up with them, we dont have as many stars as we had in the past, we are not the same Juve we were, thats why for once, just for once, we need to buy more than usual!

OP
    _JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #71
    Cronios, That is exactly what i wanted to hear from a Juve fan. I know we have to be realistic, but that doesnt mean we have to be satisfied. I know all the money wasnt intended for market, i know that we cant have the squad we had right away, but we have to start from somewhere, and Juve is a BIG club, and it has to start BIG, like barcelona did 4 years ago when they where dealing with a huge debt and almost bankrupcy and years without a title, and see where they are now. What did they do? they made Big, risky, boldy moves. We have to react (like you said) from this situation and make the big jump of quality. Some ppl here said that they didnt want to crazy and pay 20 mill for Milito. Remember that the transfer season is really hard, and it will be like this every time. It is going to be real hard to form a great team quickly when in the market every year there's only 2 or 3 world class players, and every team will be bidding for them (with more money than us might i add). That's why whenever we have contact with one of these players, we have to grab them, no matter what. With milito, they could've closed a deal for 16 million right away... but they lingered, and then barca saw that chivu was hard to get, entered our bidding and fucked us. That's what going to happen in every transfer market if we dont get hands on, and by this rate, we wont have a great team in 5 years like they said, maybe 10! remember that nedved and del piero dont have a lot of time left. So imagine our position in 3 years. Without nedved and maybe DP, and we wanting great players, but there's only 2 on the market, non of them convincing enough... and with 5 other teams on their track.

In conclusion... we got good players, with a good CB we'll maybe reach 3rd or 4th. That is the plan for this year. But as a bianconeri, i will never be satisfied with this thinking... because i've been acoustumed to win, and to expect nothing less but the scudetto. That's the juve mentality. I still have hope in this metality... and i really hope that Del piero, trez, nedved and Gigi will infect this mentality to the new ones, and they bring us the scudetto.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah and then Nedved quits, and then Delpiero,Camo,Trez are one year older.

Sooner or later we must invest.:disagree:
    Criscito
    Molinaro
    Iaquinta
    Grygera
    Salihamidzic
    Andrade
    Nocerino
    Tiago
    Almiron

invest? we already signed 9 new players this season...what more do u want...we aren't bankrolled by Russian billionaires by the way

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Its the left wing that we really need to invest on and up front, and who says promising youngsters come expensive. Arsene doesnt..

OP
    _JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #78
    Its the left wing that we really need to invest on and up front, and who says promising youngsters come expensive. Arsene doesnt..
    That's something i always ask myself, why isnt juve on the bid for this promising youngsters? like arsenal, manchester, barca, madrid, chelsea? Ppl here always say: "we dont buy greta players, we make great players"... yep... sure... so where are these talented youngsters? Our primavera players are all italian. And the "we make players" how old is andrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)