Are you satisfied?! (3 Viewers)

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
Sacci says that with all the money Juventus had come up, he would've made better transfers. I agree with him.

I want to ask all of you: After you saw the first "aumento di capitale" that raised more than 105 million euros... didnt your eyes lit up?:eek: wasnt the first thing in your minds: BIG TRANSFERS! BIG JUVE! HURRAY!. I mean, we've bought good players... but non of them are great! not after we expected gerard, and hunter and milito and even more. For one reason or another we have settled with a third or 4th option in our transfer talks.... Ranieri, Andrade, Tiago, Almiron, and other young players.

My question is... What do you think of this? ARE YOU SATISFIED?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Our tradition is to raise the profile of players playing in a solid team with a magnificent work ethic. I think our board has done well over the summer and gathered many hard working men with great morale. I believe in this bunch. Milito? I'm happy we got Andrade. Huntelaar? Unproven. Iaquinta will be a good signing for us, plus he's italian. He was a wonderful player for Udinese. Gerrard?? Are you on drugs? He'll never leave Liverpool.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Our tradition is to raise the profile of players playing in a solid team with a magnificent work ethic. I think our board has done well over the summer and gathered many hard working men with great morale. I believe in this bunch. Milito? I'm happy we got Andrade. Huntelaar? Unproven. Iaquinta will be a good signing for us, plus he's italian. He was a wonderful player for Udinese. Gerrard?? Are you on drugs? He'll never leave Liverpool.
:thumbs:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Id like to see him buy 5 better players with 45m euro when his team isnt playing cl.
We needed 5 new players only for our starting eleven and we had less than 10m for a player.
Its easy to talk now.

i'm more than satisfied. we kept our stars, got two very good players for free and bought the best available for the money we had.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Sacci says that with all the money Juventus had come up, he would've made better transfers. I agree with him.

I want to ask all of you: After you saw the first "aumento di capitale" that raised more than 105 million euros... didnt your eyes lit up?:eek: wasnt the first thing in your minds: BIG TRANSFERS! BIG JUVE! HURRAY!. I mean, we've bought good players... but non of them are great! not after we expected gerard, and hunter and milito and even more. For one reason or another we have settled with a third or 4th option in our transfer talks.... Ranieri, Andrade, Tiago, Almiron, and other young players.

My question is... What do you think of this? ARE YOU SATISFIED?
i think we could do with another centreback and then yes i will be satisfied. If you expected gerrard then you are on another planet, we only needed hunter if trez left, and hes still here. And yes we expected milito but at the same time i agree with secco that we shouldnt pay a stupid amount of money for him.

the transfers we have made have been of a very high standard, iaquinta is a very good striker for rotation, tiago is a fantastic midfielder, almiron is a proven serie a player and was great for empoli in the last few seasons and andrade is a top class centre back, not to mention our youngsters and free transfers.

all in all a very good transfer campaign and we are building a very strong TEAM, not a strong group of individuals

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Id like to see him buy 5 better players with 45m euro when his team isnt playing cl.
We needed 5 new players only for our starting eleven and we had less than 10m for a player.
Its easy to talk now.

i'm more than satisfied. we kept our stars, got two very good players for free and bought the best available for the money we had.
Yeah, exactly. I think it will prove to be a good thing that they didn't blow the entire 105 million euros this time around. These players can get us back into the Champions League, and when that happens I think we'll all be very happy that there's money available from the very start ;)

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Its easy to talk now.

:tup: I agree.

It's always easy to say that we could have bought better players.
In my opinion, we have bought very good players, and if we manage to bring in another CB, then it would be a great summer for us. Even if we don't, I still feel a very good job has been done.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We could need another winger, though, to cover that area completely, but if there aren't any available we should rather wait than rush into signing one..

But to answer the title of this thread once and for all: Yes I'm satisfied.

OP
_JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    I didnt expect Gerard. I tried to say that he was in our transfer talks. (there were even tons of threads about him in this same forum). I tried to make a point that we had a lot of big names in our mouths. I know that the directives dont have the fault of everything. Is not their fault that Lippi wouldnt come... but the point remains that we expected him and had to satisfy with Ranieri. Maybe it isnt their fault either about Milito... but we had take Andrade. Andrade was great 4 years ago..., in the last 2 years he's been really slow, and deportivo hasnt been competitive either, He comes from an injury.... And this is the men who's going to lead our Defence!!! i dont agree... we need a better player in defence ASAP. The 105 million were not all entitled to transfers. Just about 50 mill. But there were other capital raises, and no.... i wouldnt have done better than the new directives... but give half of that to Moggi, and think what he wouldve done.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Not satisfied, but happy. A solid CB would make it perfect. If anything I don't want to see Juve going into negotiations with black suitcases full of banknotes, like Inter, Chelsea, Madrid, and Barca.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    Not satisfied, but happy. A solid CB would make it perfect. If anything I don't want to see Juve going into negotiations with black suitcases full of banknotes, like Inter, Chelsea, Madrid, and Barca.
    :agree:

If the last weeks have tought us anything, it should be that Juventus don't overpay - we underpay :D

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
    Jul 8, 2007
    I'm satisfied. Im happy that we didnt overpay for Milito and Pepe (30 millions? thats insane). I think Iaquinta should have been cheaper tho, but oh well.

The only dissapointment was that we didnt sign Huntelaar, but with Trezeguet resigning he wasnt needed this year anymore.

Andrade could be ok especially since Juve only spent 10 millions for him, but I would have prefered Burdisso or even Barzagli. Actually Cannavaro would have been my first choice (I dont think he is a traitor cause he made a business decision that was better for him).

Tiago and Almiron in the middle is MORE than enough, especially sice Camoranesi and Nedved both resigned. I really believe our midfield is the strongest in Italy right now or really close to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)