Are you satisfied?! (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Id like to see him buy 5 better players with 45m euro when his team isnt playing cl.
We needed 5 new players only for our starting eleven and we had less than 10m for a player.
Its easy to talk now.

i'm more than satisfied. we kept our stars, got two very good players for free and bought the best available for the money we had.

Agreed. Well said. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I'm pretty satisfied... midfield saw a massive upgrade, forwards were improved, and defense was improved. Goaltending was maintained, but you can't really improve on Gigi Buffon.

I still think they need one more solid CB... and hopefully the board does too. Then I'll be totally satisfied.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Satisfaction really was when all our stars all chose to stay with JUVE,especially Buffon..however it will make me more than satisfied when the youngsters are kept in the club and that another centreback(preferably Italian) and well when of course the guy in my avatar signs with us :p

Adzke

May 19, 2007
True satisfaction will be when Mimmo sets the world alight with his magnificent perfomance, and claims his place in the start XI :agree:

Jun 13, 2007
id love to see riquelme come to juve , he is the definition of a playmaker . he has great vision , excellent passing , great shooting . he's just what juve needs in the om .
i doubt we could get him though

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
for our resources the management did very well! we just need to buy one more solid center back and we'll be ready for serie A!all though i am pissed we passed up the oppurtunity to buy lampard at 9mil!

Adzke

May 19, 2007
for our resources the management did very well! we just need to buy one more solid center back and we'll be ready for serie A!all though i am pissed we passed up the oppurtunity to buy lampard at 9mil!
Lampard would destroy the balance in the team along with the economy. Besides he would have to adapt to Italian football. I am very, very glad we did not buy Lampard.

OP
_JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #53
    If we signed Riquelme I would be overjoyed.
    We wont get Riquelme, his price will blow out of proportion after libertadores and this copa america. The new directives wont pay for him. He's received criticism for slowing down fast breaks and that he slows down the offensive. But i think he is brilliant, and he would be that final pass offensive center midfielder (media punta) that we lack since zidane. What nedved's been doing for us from the sides.

We are Juventus. We will never buy the Ronaldinho's of the world and assemble them into a team. That's not what we do.
    Yeah, but where are this youngsters? where is our messi? where is our giovanni dos santos? where is our Kaká (like milan did with him as a youngster). Barca, Madrid and manchester raise their own starlets from very young in their canteras, but they also go in the market to look for this promising sub-15, sub-17, sub-20 players. Juve only goes for the italian youngsters to raise them in their cantera. And PLEASE dont tell me to look at Giovinco. We all have our hopes with him, but lets not get over our heads. The only one who looks to have a bright future is Lanzafame. Please tell me why juve isnt on the bid for Pato? that is something i dont understand.

Mar 14, 2004
    We wont get Riquelme, his price will blow out of proportion after libertadores and this copa america. The new directives wont pay for him. He's received criticism for slowing down fast breaks and that he slows down the offensive. But i think he is brilliant, and he would be that final pass offensive center midfielder (media punta) that we lack since zidane. What nedved's been doing for us from the sides.
    hm,strange,I always tought he makes fast brakes? :faq1:

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    come on ..see the bigger picture .. why does lamps having problems with chelsea. its because of the salary. he want more of what is already high. 9mil sounds little for a player like him but his salary will make up for this low price .... plus he is not suited for the current squad and he is english (im not raciest but english players dont play well outside their homeland)

i think the board knows we need a defender more than anything and they will secure it soon

am i satisfied ..... well i will see tham in the newcastle game and then i will give my first judgment :p

Mar 14, 2004

If 10m€ is out of proportion for us....then what are we doing in SerieA? :cool:

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    players like riquelme,lyon's jeninho and zidan need teams that are tactically built arround them to get the most benifit of their magic. they dont play in fast pace but they pass around balls like no other.

i dont think that he wont fit though ... seire A is not as fast as premiership

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    Good job by the management. They kept all the stars and made solid transfers in every category without overspending. Plus no player is old. Andrade is the oldest and 29 is no big deal for a defender. Almiron, Iaquinta, Criscito, Nocerino etc. are all players that want to prove themselves on the big stage and will be very motivated. I think we have a good mix of veterans, established stars and young prospects. Of course there are some risks. I'm not sure about Andrade. He was very good in the past, but had injury problems. I think we need another good defender as his partner. I'm not sure how our midfield will work without a world class destroyer. There are still some doubts and judging will be easier after the first half of the season. But it's fair to say that our management did a good job so far. We will see if this will pay off.

OP
    _JuveChriS_

_JuveChriS_

Jun 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #60
    hm,strange,I always tought he makes fast brakes? :faq1:
    Well, he doesnt! So get your info straight. I've been following him since his fisrt days in boca, then at barca (where he received a lot of criticism) and then at Villareal. He's a BRILLIANT playmaker, but he slows down the plays. Wich is the main topic of all his critics. Some of those critics hit him and his mother so hard that he decided to leave Argentina team last world cup.:faq1:

"E poi Riquelme è un po’ lento, ha bisogno di un supporto, come gli succedeva con Tacchinardi in Spagna." Gazzetta dello Sport [Today]

If 10m€ is out of proportion for us....then what are we doing in SerieA? :cool:
    His price tag is 15 million Euros. But that's just because nobody's shown interest. You'll see what happens when the first two clubs ask for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)